Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Fallout 3 Topic

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Fallout 3 Topic

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:45 am

The unique sledgehammer was supposed to have the ability to decrease the enemy's damage resistance with each hit. They took that part out, but they could do that with another melee weapon, or another Unarmed weapon to rival the Deathclaw Gauntlet.

I personally want a new Unarmed weapon. We had enough new Big Guns from Broken Steel. And even though the Tesla Cannon counts as an Energy Weapon, it still has all the characteristics of a Big Gun.

There are plenty of Energy Weapons to go around. So I hope that's not all that they have. Alien Blasters will be in large supply, or at least I would think. I also hope there's another unique version of them aside from the Firelance. We have enough Laser Rifiles and Laser pistols. I WANT a unique plasma pistol. And I wouldn't mind a new Plasma Rifile.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:53 am

Personally I don't see an unarmed weapon in this add on, but there are possibilities with the energy weapons, possibly Alien Laser Rifle's or something.

Perhaps some new power armor?
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:07 pm

It would be cool to see some armor that's good OTHER than Power Armor. I always wanted to travel around the Capital Wasteland in my Tunnel Snake outfit. But I would get killed faster than you could say: "Tunnel Snakes Rule!"

However, it would be cool to see some new Power Armor too. Perhaps something with an alien greenish tint. Though I would hope that it has infinite armor health, like the Winterized Power Armor. Cause then I'd use it all the time. XD

Actually, it could be cool if the DLC focused on various armor instead of weaponry. Of course they have to add two or three new ones, but I'd be satisfied mostly with infinitly respawning Alien Blasters and the occasional Firelance. Having various new Armor would make Mothership Zeta more unique.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:32 am

I can see a melee alien weapon where it requires energy cells in order for it to work, it shall do something either like a sonic boom or a shockwave that will send the enemy flying several feet away
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7874
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:24 am

That would be basically bringing back the super sludge and the power fist from Fallout 1 and 2. Cause that is how they worked, you put a power cell in them and they created a shock wave.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:36 am

Tsukune wrote:I can see a melee alien weapon where it requires energy cells in order for it to work, it shall do something either like a sonic boom or a shockwave that will send the enemy flying several feet away
That sounds an awful lot like the Sledge hammer in Halo. To cliche to me.

I'd rather have something crazy. Like a shotgun that ignights people on fire.

As for a Melee weapon. Maybe some kind of electrical whip. That would be pretty cool.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 am

New stuff for Mothership Zeta. Including a screenshot:

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 2 Mothership_Zeta
The pistol in the Vault Dweller's hand looks new. Looks like a combo between a laser pistol and a Plasma pistol. So perhaps a new weapon that uses Energy Cells. Though I would simply prefer a unique Plasma pistol.

Also, on the issue of Alien Cells, they ARE adding more, but it's still gonna be in a limited amount. So, no luck there. =/ That also probably means that there won't be too many Alien blasters either. Maybe one new unique one, but it's not looking very promising with that.

They've made a specific note about new melee weapons, though they haven't gone into detail about them. My theory is that it's gonna be something like the Discharge hammer that was cut from Broken Steel. A super sledge that is electrically charged. Like Jingwei's shocksword.

On the story:
"The general plot starts out as an escape attempt until the player figures out what the Aliens are actually up to. There are a number of other abductees for the player to interact with, and from whom they can solicit help."

Also, one of the tidbits indicated that you CAN return to Mothership Zeta after you finish the quest. But it's not entirely clear. I would say no, myself, but Bethesda seems to have learned after Anchorage that not being able to revisit the location for all those lost goodies was kinda a lousy deal.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:54 am

Mufasa wrote:
Tsukune wrote:I can see a melee alien weapon where it requires energy cells in order for it to work, it shall do something either like a sonic boom or a shockwave that will send the enemy flying several feet away
That sounds an awful lot like the Sledge hammer in Halo. To cliche to me.

I'd rather have something crazy. Like a shotgun that ignights people on fire.

As for a Melee weapon. Maybe some kind of electrical whip. That would be pretty cool.
no, nothing like that, that makes a shockwave if you just swing it, this I mean only works if you hit someone or your aiming specifically at something and that pistol looks awesome in that screen shot and yes we all hope that we can go back after we finish it
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 am

Should be interesting to see how they are going to make this one good thought, the idea of being able to return to the mothership sounds promising though.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:53 am

I think that the major appeal of this DLC is the new aesthetic. To be honest, the aliens don't really look that impressive. But considering that it was originally put in as a easter egg and they weren't intending to do anything with it. But now that they are, it's too late to change the design. Although, I thought it would be pretty funny if the aliens had different body shapes. You know, like us humans do? Like that one alien by the crash site looked skinny, but what if there was one alien that was really fat? Or another one that was a body builder. There's a whole plether of ideas that they could use to make this DLC hysterically epic. But it just looks like it's gonna be the ol classic shooter. Although it will look VERY pretty.

And I assume that they've been working on this since Anchorage came out. So they've had a lot of time to make it look great, epic and awesome. So I think it'll be the best DLC yet. Or at least close to the best. As of right now, I still feel that The Pitt was the best. Epic storyline. Grey morality. Fancy new weapons, items, etc. And the Ammo mill. Which is the best part of all.

As for the returning to the mothership, it said that the ship will stay in orbit. It seemed that Bethesda learned after Anchorage that the players like being able to revisit the location. But it's understandable that the alien mothership would be unavailable after the quest. Also, they say that it's not going to be linear. So Mothership Zeta might be a lot like Point Lookout in the exploratory factor. Though probably nowhere near as big.

On an unrelated note to Mothership Zeta. I think it's safe to say that Reily's Rangers are better than the Brotherhood of Steel.

Hell, even Talon Company is better than the BoS.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:00 pm

BoS on the West coast are badass, considering they all have T51-B Armor, and they don't suck, and you can join them just by going to a hole in the ground and getting a keycard. Sidenote they also are alot more organized and realistic than the East coast debacle ran by Lyons.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Rozencrutz wrote:BoS on the West coast are badass, considering they all have T51-B Armor, and they don't suck, and you can join them just by going to a hole in the ground and getting a keycard. Sidenote they also are alot more organized and realistic than the East coast debacle ran by Lyons.
Yeah. That's the vibe I've been getting from researching info on the previous games.

And I guess it's natural for them to be worse than the West BoS. But still. They should be able to do SOMETHING.

Or at least the people that were trained by the people on the West Coast. Which I guess is the case. Sarah Lyons isn't TOO bad. And Paladin Tristan seems okay. Ashur was pretty badass too. And most of the Outcasts seem pretty good.

Perhaps the BoS will be tougher in Fallout New Vegas. No info on when that comes out, other than it being in 2010. I'm guessing that we'll have to wait a year before that comes out.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Is more Elder Lyons than anything, West BoS Train intiates FULLY rather than the half ass crap they do on the East, plus Elder Lyons only became the elder through a field promomotion which is explained at the end of Tactics. The Elder that was in charge got hit in the face by a rocket and they needed an elder fast, plus they are fighting the DC Mutants with the tactics used for the less intelligent Mutants on the west coast who were completely slaves to the Master.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:05 am

Ah. That explains a lot. And why someone like Reily and her Rangers can take on more super mutants than fucking Lyons.

I mean, the East side BoS isn't USELESS. But they certainly aren't very useful. They're good when you're around level 7 and the best gun you have is a Hunting Rifile that does 19 damage. But once you get to level 15 and you've been getting all the good stuff, you barely need them. Charon and Fawkes can easily replace their usefullness.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:19 am

Dogmeat can be more useful as well if you wait till after you get the puppies perk to get him he is almost as tough as Fawkes.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:39 am

I LOVE Dogmeat. Dogmeat rocks. He's the only reason I made it through my first playthrough. Mind you, I had to put him away anytime I fought a Behemoth.

Actually, there's a funny story with that.

I was on my way to Vault 112 to look for Liam Nieson, and Evergreen mills was on the way. I have a different strategy when dealing with Evergreen mills now, but my first time playing I plowed through the whole area of raiders with me and my dog. And anyone that's been to Evergreen mills knows that there's an unarmed Behemoth sitting in the cage. So, I see it, and realize that they cage is electrified. But, he can't get out, and I can't get in. The difference is that I have ranged weapons. So I shoot him with my hunting rifile a couple of rounds, while Dogmeat and the Behemoth run back and forth, trying to kill eachother, an electric fence in their way. So as I'm slowly widdling away the Behemoth's health bar in direct proportion to the amount of ammo I use, Dogmeat somehow grows thumbs and manages to open the gate.

So here I am, staring down the angry face of a Behemoth that I've been shooting and mocking for the past 20 minutes, seeing that I only widdled down about 1/3 of his health. So I quickly put my hunting rifile away and take out my assault rifile, my best weapon, hoping that the Behemoth will fall over before Dogmeat and I do. No such luck, as the Behemoth kills Dogmeat in three hits, and I follow in one more hit.

So I reload, travel back to Megaton, tell Dogmeat to stay, go back to Evergreen mills and take out the Behemoth using my original strategy.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 am

Best Behemoth Strategy in the World: Dart gun and run backwards with Nuka Grenade or just a heavy damaging weapon.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:26 am

I dunno. I think the best strat is a dart gun, then fat man, then just shoot it to get rid of those last few blips of health bar.

And there's always something around to help you fight them. Cept the Jury Street Metro one.

Evergreen Mills: Shoot the generator from up high on the cliff. Watch the raiders and the Behemoth fight.
Takoma Park: Use the artillery thing a bunch of times.
GNR: You got the BoS and the fatman and 6 mini nukes.
Capitol Building: let the Super Mutants and the Talon mercs handle it. Then when one side is dead, stand just outside the main area and shoot if from a distance. The behemoth can't walk through the hallway. And if you have a science skill, you could always hack the turrets.
Jury Street Metro: This one is a tirggered one, so you always have time to prepare. Set up a few Bottle Cap Mines and any other mines you have. Prep a Dart Gun. Shoot it till it falls over. And if all else fails, use the Alien blaster. What else would you need to use it on? There's not much else that really requires the power of the blaster, so what are you waiting to use it on?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:07 pm

New info on Mothership Zeta. New Weapons, armor, and a look at the "Alein robotics" they were talking about.

First, we have three new armors so far:
-Space Suit(I'm assuming it's outside of the one below)
-Gemini-Era Spacesuit
-Samurai Armor (I assume the aliens kiddnapped someone from long ago. Probably gives plus melee damage. I can't wait to see what that looks like.

From here on out, prep your cpu, there's a lot of images. First, what they told us about first: The Disintegrator:

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 2 Mother_ship1
Looks like it's gonna use Alien power cells. And as awesome as it looks, it looks like a metallic energy shotgun, I worry that we won't get to use it too much due to the lack of alien power cells, and the lack of weapons to repair it with. Still looks awesome though.

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 2 Mothership_Zeta_Alien_Robotics
This would be a new weapon that they didn't mention till now (Also, you can see the Alien Robotics they were talking about) Looks like a cross between the Heavy Incinerator and the Tesla Cannon. No actual theories on this one yet TBH, other than it looks like a Big Gun and that it looks painful.

There's also another new alien gun called Alien Atomizer. Probably a unique alien blaster, but I can't be sure. There's also the other gun that I showed you in that one screenshot. No words on that yet.

As far as story elements go, not much new news. But the new news is quite interesting. As it's been said, you fight with the other prisoners, but what has NOT been known is who the others are. There are some people from the Capital Wasteland, but there's also people from other locations. Where, you ask? From the past.
Ally yourself with an unexpected array of characters, both from the Capital Wasteland and from Earth ’s past.

Also, we have a release date: August 3rd.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:13 pm

now that's another awesome thing added to the awesome things to come out in August
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:24 pm

Hm. Here's one thing I'm wondering: Where's the trigger on the Disintegrator?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddie-ous Individual Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Just started playing Fallout last night. I'm putting my stuff into Intelligence, Strength, and either perception/charisma. Also, my perks are the ones for quicker experience and more stat growths (I forget the names, I think they're intense training and..idfk)

Anyways, I was pretty damn shocked to hear Liam Neeson as the voice for the father.
Teddie-ous Individual
Teddie-ous Individual
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5692
Charm : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Oh my Lelouch, I must teach you the appropriate ways to play Fallout 3.

You shouldn't pick the EXP thing. With the level system being capped, you'll have a set limit for EXP. you shouldn't waste a perk on that. Same with the stat boosters. Intense training is a good choice, but not essential. With the level cap now 30, with high enough Intelligence, and the educated perk, plus Comprehension, you won't have too much trouble capping all the important stats. Don't bother with the big guns stat at all, as there are an infinite amount of their skill books.

Get the bobbleheads! And don't raise any stat above 90 if you haven't gotten that corressponding bobblehead yet.

Small Guns, Repair, and Lockpick are your most important stats. Make sure to get Science to at least 50. And later in the game, boost up Energy weapons too.

If you need info on where to find some useful gagets and such, I have a link to an amazing site for that.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:06 pm

well repair isn't really all that much needed at the very beginning but yes you need that later on but lockpick and small guns ftw. those 2 things are very needed at the beginning seeing as you only get small guns a lot and thieving is important as well and science helps out a bit as well too but not too much at the beginning levels once you get to like level 8 or so repair is needed as such you most likely can get good weapons like the shotgun by then and you can travel around a bit by yourself as long as you have stinpacks and stuff
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Really you should be raising repair as soon as possible, that way you can always fix your stuff, plus you can get more money by fully repairing the raider armor.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down