Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Fallout 3 Topic

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Fallout 3 Topic

Post by Toriko Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:00 pm

well that's one way of doing it, I guess it just depends on your style of play
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7874
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Yeah. I agree with Rozen. At the beginning of the game, the best way to gain money is by gathering up any energy weapons you find and repairing them to max health. Even with shit for Barter a fully repaired Laser rifile is worth like 600 caps for you. Plus, you're not gonna be able to make much use of energy weapons till at least after you find Liam Nieson again.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:18 pm

but if your new its kinda hard to find a laser rifle at the very beginning don't you think
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:58 am

I am more talking about Raider armor gets you about 119 at full condition and some of their weapons fetch a nice price fully repaired as well.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:04 am

Tsukune wrote:but if your new its kinda hard to find a laser rifle at the very beginning don't you think
True. But the ones you find, you won't be using much. So you may as well sell em. And Laser Pistols aren't that hard to find. They don't get as good a price as the rifiles, but they still get a decent penny.

And still, you can sell fully repaired other stuff.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:19 am

Small Guns, Repair and Security, Energy Weapons are better after The Waters of Life quest because of the Enclave appearing. Medicine and Science would be another good focus as well, Medicine will save you on stimpaks and Science will give you another source of experiance. Probably good perks to persue at first would be Daddy's Boy and Gun Nut, others would be Silent Running if you go to with Sneak. Big Guns aren't completely useless but they degrade very quickly and tend to make them a bit of a hassle to keep them repaired.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:31 am

Even still. There's an infinite amount of the skill books for Big Guns. So you can boost up your skill in that stat to max without ever investing in it. So don't bother with it. If you even want to use big guns. They take too long to reload, and they don't do much more damage than something like the Xualong assault Rifile. Vengence and the Precision gattling Laser are pretty good. But that's it.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:50 am

I usually use big guns when I want to have fun because they do a lot of damage and collateral damage as well. plus they're slow so you don't have to worry about killing someone so fast. of course I do not do this against reavers or deathclaws unless don't care about dieing at the moment and just do whatever cause after your done, your done.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:05 am

I tend to not use big guns (except with my character that specializes in them) I usually go for accurate head shots. A critical hit to the head with the Blackhawk can instant kill a Deathclaw, as opposed to Eugene, which shoots a few bullets before the Deathclaw's head explodes.

It's easier to stealth with small guns too. So Sneak attack criticals.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:16 am

I tend to use energy guns and various rifles. Sneak I alwasy use and I tend to have better criticals along with finesse.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:47 am

With Finesse and max luck, I find that I get more critical hits with some guns then I do normal guns. I get criticals all the time with the Guass rifile. I only wish I knew about the simulation glitch before I played through it with my main character. (The simulation glitch allows you to take all those items that never degrade from the simulation, to the real world.)
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:20 pm

New info:

We have two new weapons. Nothing too exciting, but I find them somewhat interesting:

1. Cyro Grenade: I thought it was an interesting concept for them to add a new type of grenade in Point Lookout. However, it turned out to be a bust. There was a very limited supply of them, and they really didn't have any affect. By the time it exploded, you get another weapon out, and take aim, the enemy would have already moved. And it didn't matter too much anyway, since the fire doesn't really hurt them that much anyway. I'm still open to the concept that a new grenade would be good. If they give a better supply of them than just 20. Also, I kinda hope a new Mine will compliment it. Not that you can get much more destructive than the Bottlecap mine.

2. Shock Baton: Pretty self explanatory. I'm pretty sure it's just an electrified police baton. Nothing too exciting if you ask me, but I'm interested in it.

We also have a new perk:

Xenotech Expert: It increases the damage done with Alien weapons. I'm not too excited about this perk, cause it means at least one of two things: 1. It means that we're getting this perk as opposed to something else. and 2 (Possibly) that the new alien weapons aren't such hot shit, and need a perk to make them actually good. And if I'm wrong about the second one, then do the alien weapons really NEED a boost? Look at the Alien blaster, it does like 90 damage. If the other alien weapons do just as much damage, then there's no need for the perk, and we can get the perk to do something else. Like raise general damage to enemies with all weapons or something.

And finally, we have a new Other Item. Kinda like a drug thing. Cept it's not a drug:

Alien Epoxy: It raises the condition of a weapon by 25% without needing a duplicate of the item. This is something that I felt should be in the game from the very beginning. At first I wasn't too excited about this cause I thought: "Well, my repair is already 100%, so it hardly matters." But then I remembered that the alien weapons are probably the only ones of their kind. Like with the Firelance. Thus, you can use this to repair them. In hopes that there's an infinite amount of these things, that would mean that I could use the alien weapons without the perfectionism instinct screaming at me for damaging the perfect alien weapons.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:12 pm

New Data and screenshots:

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 3 Drone_Cannon
First person view of the Drone cannon in action. Also looks like there's an alien scientist in the background armed with an alien atomizer.

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 3 Alien_Atomizer
Speaking of which, here's the atomizer in action. A better view of it from a distance. Also, I can't really tell, but it looks like the alien might have the cyro grenade in his hand.

And speaking of the Cyro Grenade, info on that states that it "freezes the target for a short time." It also states that the grenade was meant to be in the original game, but they took it out for whatever reason. There was also gonna be another big gun called: "The Cryolator" that was gonna do something similar. But they ended up not putting that in either. Here's hoping that they put the Cryolator in Mothership Zeta. But I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Other than that, we have 4 new achievements. Pretty much set up in the same way as all the other DLCs, three acheivements for the main quests, and 1 for something extra. Anyway, here they are:

-Not of this world
-Among the Stars
-This galaxy ain't big enough....(for the two of us, I'm assuming.)

And then:
-Alien Archivist which is an achievement for collecting all the Alien Captive Recordings. Which I assume are recordings of the alien's captives.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:34 pm

thank you for the new info, this looks to be even more promising
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 am

No new info on Mothership Zeta, and I doubt there will be till it comes out, but I would have expected at least a trailer by now. Point Lookout had their trailer about a month in advance, and considering that Mothership Zeta comes out on Monday, I would have thought they'd have a trailer by now. They've had a trailer for every other DLC, so it's not like this was expeced. But whatever.

Anyway, I have news on the Tri-Beam-Laser rifile of all things. Have you ever noticed that it seems to do more damage to when the Overlords use it against you, but when you try to share the love, the thing seems no better than the Metal Blaster? Well, it's not your imagination.

Someone recently decided to take apart the Tri-Beam-Laser rifile and check out the 1's and 0's and found that the rifile had a special little ability. You know how something like the Dart gun has "Right leg -1000 Left leg -1000 HP -8(8s)" Well the Tri-Beam-Laser rifile has something like that too, it's just not shown. It's effect is this: " +40extra damage when target is the player character." So, while the laser rifile does 75 normally, it has an extra 40 added onto it when it's used against you. Giving it a damage of 115 for the Overlords. And that's without calculating critical hits and such.

So yeah, just another reason to use the Metal Blaster over the Tri-Beam-Laser rifile. The latter was meant to kill you.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:10 am

Figures, thats what I was thinking or there was just a enemy exclusive perk like they have in the other Fallout games.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:23 am

Yep.

I wouldn't mind so much, if Broken Steel had other better weapons. But they have a limited number of new weapons and a lot of them a lame. The only ones I really use are the Heavy Incinerator once in a while and the Precision Gatling Laser.

Though, I'll have to admit that I use the Gatling laser a lot more than I thought I would. And now Gatling lasers aren't extremely rare anymore.

But already the Tri-Beam-Laser rifile has a few knocks against it. Since it uses 3 times the ammunition of all the other, better, energy/plasma rifiles.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:50 pm

New Screenshots~

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 3 Zeta_Samurai
The Samurai armour. Also looks like it comes with a samurai sword. Hopefully you can get it without killing the guy if he's a friendly. If not, then I shall be sad....

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/d/d5/MZ_Spacesuit.jpg
The Gemini Era Spacesuit and the Disintegrator.

Also, it's confirmed that you WILL be able to return, and possibly even use the ship as a home base. Maybe like Tenpenny tower, or megaton. Except more flashy and expensive.

Also, we finally have a trailer. And it makes me freaking PSYCHED:

RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:01 pm

Now I'm going to kill that little midget who stole my Fallout 3
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:22 pm

I just hope they don't pull the dick move of stripping you of all your stuff at the beginning, and then forcing you to use precious little alien power cells. I've been personally stockpiling Plasma rifiles so I can use the unique one on the ship and save the power cells for when I get back to earth with the disintegrator. Teach the Reavers a thing or two.

Of course, this also adds another thing on the growing resume that shows how much better we are than the Brotherhood of steel.

"Okay, sure, you're delivering water to the people of the wasteland, but have you ever been ubducted and wound up taking on an entire alien ship using nothing but what their corpses leave you? No? WELL FUCK OFF THEN."

Seriously, from all the work we've done, taking out the enclave single handedly, stealing a baby, destroying an evil book by placing it against the statue of something even eviler, fighting off the chinese invasion, stopping superheroes from destroying a town, disarming a nuke, writing a book, killing a tree, finding an android, getting harrassed by cannibals after poking around in their shed, fighting through a hotel filled with super mutants, getting the declaration of independance, all of that with a chunck of your brain missing and having been stuck in a fucking closet for the first 19 years of your life, we should be fucking king of the wasteland.

At the very least, they should make a radio show on galaxy news radio about us, our dog, and our stalward supermutant companion: Fawkes. If Dashwood did half the stuff we did, I have a new respect for him.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:59 pm

from the video it seemed as though they don't strip you of your clothes, but the guy playing in that video didn't bring anything but clothes maybe that's hint saying: Yes we were bored so we decided to make find your own stuff. Very Happy
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 pm

God I can't stand to have another you start out with almost nothing like the pit.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:19 am

With the Pitt and Anchorage, I think I've had enough of that. Anchorage made sense though. And so did the Pitt too, I guess. But yes, I'd like to run around with my own junk thank you very much.

Which I think you can. Cause the guy started Zeta with the Armoured Vault armor and he had it later too. So I guess there's no need to worry about that.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/8/86/Newrevolver.jpg
Screenshot indicates two things:
1. A Cowboy outfit,
and more importantly 2. A cowboy Revolver. Which seems like it could be a unique .44 magnum without the scope. And I don't care if I DO have to kill a friendly, I'm getting that fucking gun.

Also, there IS a Cyro Mine to accompany the Cyro Grenade.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 3 Empty What the Sexcopter would look like in Fallout 3

Post by The Universe Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:12 pm

The Official Fallout 3 Topic - Page 3 Sexcopter-1
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8316
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:30 pm

^Fail.

It's all about flying sexsaucers now. The Sexcopter is old and decrepit. It can't even reach Mach 1.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down