Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is [not] a Fire Emblem Topic

+8
Giorno Giovanna
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Ronin
The Universe
Rozencrutz
Kilvas
Rise: The Game
Tatsuya
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

This is [not] a Fire Emblem Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: This is [not] a Fire Emblem Topic

Post by Kilvas Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:20 pm

Lyle Dayek wrote:=/

I is sorry...
Don't apologize, you didn't do anything. I just need to play FE more.
Ugh, I need to play everything more...
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17821
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

This is [not] a Fire Emblem Topic - Page 2 Empty Re: This is [not] a Fire Emblem Topic

Post by The Universe Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:41 pm

I loved Soren and Boyd in PoR.

but they were both pretty nerfed in RD.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8311
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:54 pm

IS must love Mia or something. Mia is really good in RD. The only reason why Zihark is better than Mia is because he's more useful to the Dawn Brigade than Mia is to the Greil Mercenaries.

Fun fact: Mia's strength growth is 10% higher than Zihark's. In fact, on average, Zihark has to reach level 20 third tier to cap strength while Mia only has to reach level 13 third tier to cap. (Excluding transfer bonuses.)

Another fun fact: Mia has slightly more defense than Zihark as well.

Also, yeah, sages were nerfed pretty badly in RD. -_-
Ronin
Ronin
Spiria
Spiria

Grade : 5576
Charm : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 pm

The Knight wrote:IS must love Mia or something. Mia is really good in RD. The only reason why Zihark is better than Mia is because he's more useful to the Dawn Brigade than Mia is to the Greil Mercenaries.

Fun fact: Mia's strength growth is 10% higher than Zihark's. In fact, on average, Zihark has to reach level 20 third tier to cap strength while Mia only has to reach level 13 third tier to cap. (Excluding transfer bonuses.)

Another fun fact: Mia has slightly more defense than Zihark as well.

Also, yeah, sages were nerfed pretty badly in RD. -_-

So it's like the FE 7 and 8 for me

Because I have an obsessive compulsion use of mages, and archers while Melee fighters were go, just not as good. Then in 8 mages and archers could go die in a well because they sucked
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7693
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Songbird Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:16 pm

I've played 7, 8, 9 and 10. Still haven't played Shadow Dragon yet due to being broke. D:

I just started a new runthrough on RD a couple of days ago. It's my first one since last summer, actually. I plan on actually using Ranulf this runthrough, because surprisingly though he's probably my favourite character I've never used him before. :D

Any other characters anyone wants to suggest for me to use?
Songbird
Songbird
Huma
Huma

Grade : 5561
Charm : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Songbird wrote:I've played 7, 8, 9 and 10. Still haven't played Shadow Dragon yet due to being broke. D:

I just started a new runthrough on RD a couple of days ago. It's my first one since last summer, actually. I plan on actually using Ranulf this runthrough, because surprisingly though he's probably my favourite character I've never used him before. :D

Any other characters anyone wants to suggest for me to use?
SOREN

Janaff
Aran
Haar

Thas all I got, I haven't played in awhile. D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Volke and Elincia for sure. They're they best Beorc units.

Hm. Boyd if you've never used him. Kieran if you want. Gatrie, Shinon, Zihark, Jill.

Tanith is actually surprisingly good if you want to use her.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21656
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Oh oh! Marcia and Rolf too! And just about any of the Greil Mercs.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Songbird Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Princess Kilvas wrote:SOREN

Janaff
Aran
Haar

Thas all I got, I haven't played in awhile. D:

I always use Soren, actually. I'll most likely use him again this playthrough cause I'm too lazy to level up Ilyana at the moment. XD

I've been leveling up Aran though, and he's turning out to be a much much better unit then I thought. I should have listened to everyone telling me to ignore his initial low hit rates way back when. He's awesome.

I'll keep Haar and Janaff in mind for later on, too. Thanks! :D

Lyle Dayek wrote:Volke and Elincia for sure. They're they best Beorc units.

Hm. Boyd if you've never used him. Kieran if you want. Gatrie, Shinon, Zihark, Jill.

Tanith is actually surprisingly good if you want to use her.

I always use Elincia. I've got a bit of a girl-crush on her. XD

I've also used Shinon, Jill and Gatrie before, though I don't think I've ever brought the later two to the final. I'll keep Boyd, Kieran and Tanith in mind though.

And believe me, I want to use Volke because I've heard nothing but his praises, but I always find it hard to make room for another theif unit since I already have to drag Sothe with me to the final anyway. D:
Songbird
Songbird
Huma
Huma

Grade : 5561
Charm : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:42 pm

Trust me. Volke is worth it. Combine his killer stats with Baselard, gamble, and a B support with a heaven affinity character and he has a 100% hit rate and a 100% critical rate. That's a 50% chance of instant death on any character with Leathiality.

Give Slothe Peshkatz and bench him for Nasir.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald Jealousy Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Serra

Marcia

Kyle

Uhh.... I have others..
Emerald Jealousy
Emerald Jealousy
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5800
Charm : -163

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Serra, Oswin, Sain, Soren, Rebecca, and I forgot the fighter's name in FE9 he's awesome and that makes up a winning team
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7869
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Tsukune wrote:Serra, Oswin, Sain, Soren, Rebecca, and I forgot the fighter's name in FE9 he's awesome and that makes up a winning team
Ya mean Boyd? Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

yes I do mean him, he was the one that was awesome in my FE9 party
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:31 pm

I think Songbird meant units she could use in RD.....

I mean, since that's the game she's replaying.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:37 pm

sorry I forgot to mention that I was just stating that it had nothing to do with songbird
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:52 pm

Volug. He's awesome in battle (just remember to remove Wildheart in Part 3 xD) and plus, he's actually pretty funny. "You know how hard it is to be this charming when you never say anything? You should try it. It's hard."

Oh yeah, and Volke if you have spare room. God dammit. Now I want to use Volke, but that means I'll have to completely rethink my Endgame team now.
Ronin
Ronin
Spiria
Spiria

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:56 am

Zihark and Illyana had the most usage for me in RD I used him as soon as I could in PT 1.

Part 2 I used Haar, Marcia, and Illyana, Haar proved he was god holding the entire left side.

Part 3 I convert Zihark to Greil Mercs with Illyana at the river when you play as Greil Mercs, and use Haar once again to lethality.

Part 4 I actually manage to use the DB to some effect by promoting most of them to 3rd tier, Naesala gets alot of usage from me, I get Stefan and steal his sword, make a custom sword from him and use him as well in the tower, to give to Zihark for the tower, when I get to the tower, I primarily use, Zihark, Mist, Illyana, Edward, Stefan, Naesala and Volke. I keep all the required character off in a corner and only use these seven to fight in the tower. If I have Pelleas I use him as well.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12468
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:26 pm

At first, I thought Sothe's suckage in Part 4 was just IS being stupid, but I'm starting to think they did it on purpose to keep up with the tradition of Volke somehow always being almost completely better than Sothe. Has decided to use Volke in his next playthrough.
Ronin
Ronin
Spiria
Spiria

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:38 pm

I dunno. I think they could have made Sothe at least useable in part 4 without making him better than Volke.

I mean, Sothe is built so that someone like Meg can be stronger than him. That doesn't even make sense.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:49 pm

Hm...I suppose that still is true....It wouldn't have hurt to increased his strength cap and it also wouldn't have hurt to promote him at the same time as Ike so that he can actually kill some dudes, because let's face it. Sothe won't be killing many people in the desert chapter as a level 1 Whisper. And then there's the awful mastery skill known as Bane...

Random note: Not many people know this, but Bane won't activate if a normal attack will kill the enemy, which kills the argument that Bane interferes with killing.
Ronin
Ronin
Spiria
Spiria

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, I figure the developers weren't such assholes to do that.

But yes. Sothe sucks. His STR cap should be 30. Him and Heather have the same caps. Which means that when they're both at their best, Sothe is as strong as a woman.

Now, as sexist as that sounds, it's scientifically true that men are naturally stronger than women. And a lot of the stats in RD for certain classes change from males to females. Harr and Jill are a perfect example of this. Harr has 38 Str, while Jill has 36. But Jill has higher res.

So it would have been fair to say that Sothe have 30 STR, and then give Heather something like 40 Skill, or higher Res. Something like that. It would have been fair, and made Sothe that much more useable.

As for Bane....they could have let it inflict a status effect on the person. I mean, Deadeye puts the person to sleep, and I don't think I've ever seen Shinon activate Deadeye without killing the dude. Bane seriously can NEVER kill anyone. EVER. It's impossible.

And on the desert chapter. Putting aside that Sothe is level 1 whisperer, and that he's naturally weak, and at best his str is 24 at best, he only has 3 movement spaces. So unless you're stupid and don't use flying units, mages, and laguz, (All of those are forced at least one of on that team BTW) in that chapter he'll be lagging behind, somewhere around Dragonfoe while Jill and Harr have already murdered Numida.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Oh, Songbird, use Pelleas too. Very Happy
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Pelleas is...Eh.

I guess I just wish that there was some other dark mage you could use. Pelleas has HP and SPD issues. For me anyway.

But he can be good. He just takes a lot of work, at a point where you'll have a bunch of decent units already.

As far as units that join during the last few chapters, he's probably the weakest of them. Don't take him over Volke or Stefan. That's for sure.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:40 pm

The one bad thing about Part 4 is that they just go and throw all these under leveled units at you.

Sanaki comes at level 1 and will pretty much have doubling issues throughout the entire game.
Sothe...well...Whispers are just awful, and he's an under leveled one too, at that. What happened to thieves having normal movement in the desert?
Lucia finally returns after 1 chapter of availability and 17 chapters of absense with a fail strength growth, nonetheless.
Pelleas comes under leveled and...kinda has speed issues like Sanaki.
Kurthnaga can be a nice tank with some leveling, but that's his problem. He needs a bunch of levels to be decent in an environment where he's surrounded by 4 other h4x laguz royals.
Ena somehow decreased 3 levels from the last time you saw her... Plus, she would've been better as a White Dragon...
Miciaiah finally promotes to third tier at the beginning of Endgame, although this is less of a problem than the others because Micaiah has nice healing utility with her big 'ol magic stat.

Although I guess they do give you your fair share of h4x units. Very Happy I don't know why I went in-depth to this. I guess I just feel like discussing things right now. xD
Ronin
Ronin
Spiria
Spiria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next