Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Xillia

3 posters

Go down

Tales of Xillia Empty Tales of Xillia

Post by Gamer7625 Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Just got the game yesterday, on release day, and I am really enjoying it so far. Not very far but I am trying to figure out about the level up system and figure out where I should spend my points for the characrers
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 5472
Charm : 9

Back to top Go down

Tales of Xillia Empty Re: Tales of Xillia

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Doing auto level gives an alright hint for it. For me I usually focus:

Jude: Dex, Str and Agi
Alvin: Str, Vit, and Dex
Milla: Int, Psy and Agi
Elise: Int, Psy and Str (I like actually fighting with her XD She can be surprisingly effective)
Leia: Dex, Vit, Agi
Rowen: Psy, Int, Agi (cause hes slow as shiiiiiiiiiiiit)

In the end everyone will have everything on the Lilium orb regardless though

Though if you didnt look in it, the battle book flat out says what one main stat to focus on when developing characters (it shows the person's picture when you highlight the stat)

Strength is alvin cause Str also increases Def, and makes it easier to guard break (and alvin's skill is breaker)

Vit is Leia because shes tanky, and it also increases your Str. Also she has an obsession with guarding whoever shes linked to for me, and higher vit=harder to guard break.

Int is Milla cause the higher Int you have, the higher chance you have to inflict status ailments on enemies from spells, and she has ridiculously stupid spells

Psy is Elise because it increases Artes Atk and Def, and higher Psy=higher status ailment resist, which you obviously want the healer to have.

Agi is Jude because HES FUCKING FAST AS SHIT and Agi affects Str and Defense Surprised It also affects the power of specific artes

Dex is Rowen because it gives him a higher chance to stun enemies with attacks. Which is useful for the guy who throws knives and casts magic fast as fuckin balls.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29918
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 am

My characters are in the 39-40 range and I just got back to Fenmont for the first time after having to escape.

So far I've honestly just been getting every skill focusing on a few stats/skills first when I see them and everyone has 2-7 points on their second orb by now. I did some power training in the abandoned mine in the field next to Leronde, after figuring out one of the Sword Beasts is there that is, I basically just fought the Slendermen.

For Jude, who I've been using mainly, I've been focusing on his Agility and Strength/Vitality first and just worked around also grabbing the SP as soon as I can.

For Milla, who is the only other character I've controlled, I work on Intelligence and Strength first then grab other things and SP.

For Alvin, I've been grabbing Strength, Vitality, and Agility then focusing on the other things and SP.

For Elize, I've been grabbing Intelligence, Psyche, and Vitality so she can survive a bit easier and then grab the other stuff. Since Teepo's skills like Strength I find Strength not as useless as it normally would be.

For Rowen, I grab Dexterity and Intelligence quickly and everything else.

Finally, for Leia I grab Agility, Vitality, and Strength with everything else following.

Sometimes I will grab the SP and skills around the SP first but that's only because I find it really important.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:23 am

Oh cool we're at the same spot. I just got back to Fenmont too.

Whats your main party?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:59 am

In general I use Jude, Alvin, Milla, and Elize but I sub in Rowen for Milla and Leia for Elize when they decide to complain about it. For boss fights I may end up swapping out Milla for Leia to have 2 healers running around.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:29 am

Finished the game going through Jude's story yesterday and beat the Golden Swordsman guy (I just call him Abyssion because that's basically what he was for this game). I am still doing some other stuff but will probably do Milla's story to see the both sides, and experience the full length since the game is shorter than any other Tales game I've played so far.

My overall opinion was that the game was pretty fun. I enjoyed the blending of TP and AC from Graces and Symphonia (haven't played Vesperia so Symphonia was my closest comparison). I enjoyed the characters and their development, Tales games always have great backstories and the fact that some were darker made it even better. I did think the ending was a little lackluster but still a good ending nevertheless. Overall I'd give the game an 8/10, taking a little bit off for some little bits: like when Professor Haus died and how Jude didn't seemed phased by it for one.
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Yeah, it has a few shortcomings but overall its a very solid game.

I hope you enjoy Xillia 2 when it hits the states though Very Happy Its greeeeaaaaaaat! (even if they do reuse a ton of xillia 1 stuff like the areas and music, but hey if it aint broke......)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer7625 Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm wanting to play Xillia 2. Any clue when it comes out here?
Gamer7625
Gamer7625
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:27 pm

All we have is 2014 so far
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Would love for it to come out in the first half, but im predicting around august just like X1.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Grade : 8655
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down