Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Fallout 3 Topic

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official Fallout 3 Topic Empty The Official Fallout 3 Topic

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:53 pm

There's a lot of things that could be discussed about FO3. You could probably make an entire forum about it. (I've thought about doing it myself, but I'm not charasmatic enough to get people to join.)

And I know there's a decent handfull of people who have the game and enjoy it, so discuss it here.

The most prominent thing on the discussion menu, would probably be Piont Lookout. I'm excited for the swamp vibe. And the Double Shotgun. And the Horror theme. But I kinda hope they have some new unique weapons too. Broken Steel focused too much on big guns. And you had to either have 100 skill in that, or Energy Weapons if you wanted to live.

So they should probably come up with some uber Small gun to make up for it. The Double Barrel Shotgun looks promising. But it has to reload after every shot. So...eh. No news on a unique version of it though.

Also, they have a generic version of Lincoln's repeater. But that doesn't look very exciting.

I just hope Point Lookout is as good as the Pitt was. At the very least I hope it's better than Broken Steel was.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

The Official Fallout 3 Topic Empty Re: The Official Fallout 3 Topic

Post by Rozencrutz Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:35 am

In all seriousness Broken Steel wasnt that bad, but moving on, I wouldn't mind the double barrel shotgun it would be nice to have some new small guns over Broken Steel adding on nothing but big guns.

Found the easiest way to get SPECIAL attributes to 10 easily without using intense traning, don't get any of the special bobble heads until level 30 then get almost perfect and you'll have all special at 9 then just go get the bobble heads and you'll have 10 in all attributes.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Yeah. That perk was quite underhanded of Bethesda. It made all 10 of those levels I used "Intense training" on, sort of a waste.

Though, it makes it hard to get all the perks that you want if you follow that method. And I still recommend putting you INT to 9 anyway.

Plus there's the Good Luck 8 ball, which raises your luck by one. So if you got the bobblehead, there's no need to fret over luck.

Then again, almost perfect appears to be a better perk than say Nuclear anomaly. If you look at videos of it.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:00 am

You can still use intense training but I just don't use it to buff my SPECIAL's to 9 now, I have Finese which is pretty sweet, combine it with better criticals and high luck your looking at plain godliness.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Yeah. A shitload of criticals are the only ways to take out a Reaver. Overlords are easier than they are.

I hate Reavers. I want to kill Bethesda for them. They ruin my Fallout gaming experience.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I remember the reavers, I played against them at one of my friends houses, they are pretty tough, and now I'm wondering what I should do with my character who is only level 8 or 9?
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7874
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:19 pm

Well, like Deathclaws, you won't run into Reavers randomly at that low a level. You won't see them till level 20 approx. If you do see them beforehand, just have a fatman ready, just in case. Make sure to get good weapons, and good armor. Otherwise they'll tear you apart.

Dart gun is nearly essential if you like living when it comes to them.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:33 pm

I know I have to make the dart gun, but where can I get the blueprints in order to make it?
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Hm. Well I can't remember exactly, I know you can buy it from a merchant, I think the one in Tenpenny tower. IF not that, then one of the traveling ones.

If you can't afford it, then I think you can get some from Hannibal for doing the quest involving them and the Lincoln Memorial.

And then there's the one in the radio station thing by Raven Rock.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:51 am

Reaver spawns really don't start happening till about level 23ish from my experience. Overlords, I only like them when they have gatling lasers, they have the tri-beam debacles I just stealth boy and leave. I set a record for clearing all the mutants at the memorial, about 2 minutes only using my fists and Xuanlong AR.

I need to make a deathclaw gauntlet but I am not running into deathclaws just yet.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:32 am

You want Deathclaws? Go to Old Olney. Or the Deathclaw Sanctuary.

If you need the schematics, then there's one for helping Bannon in his mini quest, then there's one that's in the location south of Girdershide, and then there's one found in a random encounter.

And yeah, the Overlords with Tri beams are notably stronger than the other Overlords. But I still fight em. They're not as annoying to me as Reavers. Perhaps because of the close range fighting that Reavers come with. My main character doesn't have a melee weapon, and I don't really like using them anyway.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Reaver Bane = Shiskebab with Pyromaniac

I don't know what it is but I have suckage melee skill with my level 30 character but I am still owning them fairly easy with the Shiskebab. Also any normal flamer seems to have a good degree of effect on them as well.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Hm. I don't like taking the pyromaniac perk, but I'll consider bringing one of the flamers around. Combining Slo Burn Flamer and the Dart Gun sounds like a good combo to take on the reaver.

And for units I DO take the pyro perk for, I'll take the shiskebab with me as well. It's supposed to be the best Melee weapon. As of right now anyway. Who knows what Point lookout and Mothership Zeta will bring. Perhaps a lightsaber of some kind. Lol.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 am

I don't think so it would be kinda cheap if they did.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:13 pm

It would be pretty cheap.

But you know what else is cheap? The fucking Feral Ghoul Reaver.

What kind of asshole at bethesda said: "What if we made a Feral Ghoul that is twice as fast as a Deathclaw, just as strong as one, and while all the other Ghouls take only 2 shots to the head, this one needs about 100 of those?"

And then another asshole said: "Well, that doesn't sound dick enough. What if we take that, and then have him able to throw concentrated radiation grenades that not only hurt you like any bullet would, but they also irradiate you for a minute for 8 rads per second?"

And then a third asshole came along: "Well that sounds pretty dick, but what if we make it so that the thing can heal itself too? And then we always have a glowing one around it, so they can heal it too?"

And then the first asshole said again: "Great ideas guys! Though, I know how we can be twice as dick! We put them EVERYWHERE! So that when you run into one, and shoot it, you alert two others, and you have to deal with three Reavers at once!"

And then they all cheered.

And then I killed them with the lightsaber.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:34 pm

First few tidbits about Mothership Zeta is out. It ain't much, but it's something.

So there are going to be alien enemies (duh), and then they're adding alien robotics. (Hopefully they aren't just re-skinned versions of Sentry bots and such and they actually DO make new robots. That's one thing Point lookout was flawed in. Sure it added new weapons, new scenery, new enemies. But a lot of the stuff was just re-skinned versions of stuff we already had. So there was nothing extremely fancy like a silenced assault rifile, or a energy weapon sniper rifile.)

We also have a new weapon: The Disintegrator. Not much is known about it, other than it being an energy weapon. Could be something new, could be another god forsaken laser rifiles that they've made three unique versions of it already, or it could be the long overdue unique plasma pistol. I have 10,000 energy cells waiting to be used with a unique plasma pistol that I've been hoping they would come up with since The Pitt came out.

Other than that, not much is known. I've got some speculation though. With the last 2 DLCs they answered some questions about stuff left unsaid on certain unmarked quests: Broken Steel did the Naughty Nightwear, and Point Lookout did the Dunwich Building massacre.

So I theorize that at some point in Mothership Zeta, we will fight a big fat worm like thing as referenced by the psycho near Riley's Ranger's base that blows you up when you get near him. It's pretty far-fetched though.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:58 pm

I don't know, I think fighting a fat giant worm would be nice for a little change than just fighting mutants over and over again; the aliens better be actually aliens rather than being re-skinned stuff of what we've fought already like you said
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Tsukune wrote:I don't know, I think fighting a fat giant worm would be nice for a little change than just fighting mutants over and over again; the aliens better be actually aliens rather than being re-skinned stuff of what we've fought already like you said
Yeah.

The Overlords and the Reavers were unique. But like, the new Lever Action Rifile is literally Lincoln's Repeater (Cept you can't repair one with the other.) the Microwave Emitter is the Mesmetron. And it's basically useless since you can only repair it with Mesmetrons, and you only get ONE Mesmetron, and if you're in the slaving business you need that Mesmetron.

I suppose you COULD use the traders, but it never get's back to what it was.

If you have Star Paladin Cross, and you don't use Microfusion Cells, give her all the ones you find, and give her the Microwave Emitter. I bet she would be deadly with it.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:50 pm

I know what you mean, now we just have to see if this will just be another place for good exp or a very fun place to go around over and over like some places I just have a save file just to do it again and again
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 pm

Point lookout was good with helping to improve your character. The Ghoul Ecology Perk and the other perk helps you in battle. And it's very helpful when dealing with Reavers.

I have no doubt that Mothership Zeta will do something like that too. Perhaps they'll give you a sort of choice on which type of weapon you can increase the damage of. Like you get a perk that either raises the damage done with Unarmed, Big Guns, Small Guns, Energy guns, or melee, by 10 points.

Or something like that.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Mothership Zeta will probably feature alien weapons over all so my guess is they are going to favor energy weapons in this one.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:55 pm

True. It will have an emphasis on that. But I'm kinda hoping that they'll throw some random other gun into the fray. Like a new melee weapon, or a new Unarmed weapon that's better than the Deathclaw Gauntlet.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I find that doubtful besides why would you need anything better than the deathclaw gauntlet, you can have unarmed of crap and still inflict large amounts of damage with it.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:06 pm

I'm sure they could come up with some Unarmed weapon that's just as good as the Gauntlet. They've had months to come up with one. The Steel Knuckles in the Pitt don't count, since someone could come up with that in their sleep.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:42 am

for me personally I want a new melee weapon because I love those the most. its so fun to use those against super mutants, but of course I don't use that against deathclaws or reavers unless its just to have a laugh with my sledgehammer my person favorite right now
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down