Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon RP REBOOT

+3
Grunge Hamster
Kilvas
The Monkey King
7 posters

Go down

Pokemon RP REBOOT Empty Pokemon RP REBOOT

Post by The Monkey King Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:29 pm

So as Masu has said, The Pokemon RP is getting a Reboot. So here we go, I'm just conversing with him about it were just putting out some basic stuff. Feel free to put your two cents in (whine) about what you want in the RP here. Also post your character here and talk (whine) about what Pokemon he/she gets. You get maximum of two Pokemon to BEGIN with. You may choose any Pokemon up to the 4th generation (Diamond and pearl). No Legendaries to start with, later on there might be a chance to catch one. Now for eggs, an egg will hatch in 50 posts or so. You may start with an egg as one of your Pokemon. You can decide if it takes longer. Evolution will work a bit differently. It'll work with both posts AND battles. We'll just use points (you can call them experience points) As a base for Pokemon with three levels of evolution it'll be 100 for second level evolution and 150 for third level. For those with a single evolution, it's 200 points to evolve. and of course for those that evolve in a special way you must find a way to do it in the RP. Now points are awarded to a Pokemon like so, 1 post = 1 point, 1 victory = 10 points, 1 loss = 5 points. When I say victory or loss it's when they defeat or get defeated by another Pokemon. To earn the post points the Pokemon MUST be in your party. To earn battle points Pokemon MUST participate in battle. But like i said, I'm just typing this out as it's coming out from ideas. I know there's stuff that i haven't touched on (I.E. Battles). But I'd rather have some good opinions (whining) in before I even suggest more stuff.
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 6957
Charm : 147

Back to top Go down

Pokemon RP REBOOT Empty Re: Pokemon RP REBOOT

Post by Kilvas Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:37 pm

How about 5 points for every post? 1 seems like it'd get a tiny bit tedious. =x

But maybe that's just me. Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17821
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:04 pm

You could always simplify the math by lowering the totals: 50 to evolve and every battle is one point or something.

Battle system should have some structure to it, the two extremes would be "thunder armor" or building our own shoddy battle/DND math equations. We should try to balance the 2.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10088
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Trying to have regulations on the RP hasn't ever really worked out. And pretty much everyone here is mature enough to not abuse the pokemon's evolution and such. At least everyone who RPs here.

And people who will not be mature enough will be shunned and beaten up mentally by the rest of us. 'Us' assuming that I decide to join the RP.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21656
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Taokaka wrote:How about 5 points for every post? 1 seems like it'd get a tiny bit tedious. =x

But maybe that's just me. Lol.
That means in 10 posts you hatch an egg. 20 posts to evolve a Pokemon. Those numbers are a bit small. But we can play around with it.
Flan wrote:You could always simplify the math by lowering the totals: 50 to evolve and every battle is one point or something.

Battle system should have some structure to it, the two extremes would be "thunder armor" or building our own shoddy battle/DND math equations. We should try to balance the 2.
Again i feel like that's too little cause 10 victories and you have an evolved pokemon. But just cause the number is smaller doesn't mean the math is easier. All your really doing is adding one for a post, 10 for a victory and 5 for participating in battle. Not hard math to begin with. But a battle system wouldn't be hard to make out from Shoddy battle framework. It's just that we need to all agree on it.
Loki wrote:Trying to have regulations on the RP hasn't ever really worked out. And pretty much everyone here is mature enough to not abuse the pokemon's evolution and such. At least everyone who RPs here.

And people who will not be mature enough will be shunned and beaten up mentally by the rest of us. 'Us' assuming that I decide to join the RP.
It's not really a regulation but a framework to work with. I'd honestly rather have it so that those of us that do post and those of us that actually fight get rewarded more than those that are lazy and don't fight. But you don't have to follow what i said to the letter. It's more to give people an idea of what they're working with. And yes your services of mindfuckery will be much appreciated for fugs that try to cock it up.
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:58 pm

What about region that people start in (does one start in same region as everyone else or everyone starts in seperate regions & just work around from there?)
Sophie
Sophie
Huma
Huma

Grade : 5436
Charm : 9
Location : Wandering around after a battle (Only few truely know).

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:03 am

If you dont start in johto or kanto you dont deserve to be in this to begin with.

I think it should be just those two regions, BUT you can get Ruby/Saphire and those other ones that arent black and white pokemon. O yea diamond and peral. Having huge regions, regions that some people probably dont know/remember, and all sorts of gym leaders all over the place will just jumble things and get confusing.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29919
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 am

I say we should start woking on characters. Its pokemon so the battle system shouldnt pose a problem and now that i think of it jins numbers work pretty well. As for region Im willing to create a mish mash region, but if not i also vote for Johto-Kanto.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 am

Can I use my character from the last RP, just change her pokemon?
And yeah, Johto-Kanto.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:13 am

Definetely. Thats exactly what im doing.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Yayz. I finally get to use the character from the last reboot attempt:
Pokemon RP REBOOT 2ypkd8o
Spoiler:

Also I have a question about BST's and tiering and such. How much will they affect the game? For example will Garchomp always be able to rape shit or will the battle system be loose enough for a come from behind victory from a Weavile? IRL Weavile loses to Garchomp's faster earthquake but in the RP Weavile can climb a tree or something then ice-type advantage might be able to pull a win. I mean its understandable if Rapidash outspeeds a Slowbro and beats it, but Im talking a bit more along the lines of the gray area, like some of the more(or less if u think about it that way) realistic stuff they pull in the anime.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:53 pm

character:
Spoiler:

i dunno if we're gonna start in either Kanto or Johto, if I need to change something let me know.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm

I personaly think the evo post rate is a little to high. Maybe lower it down to the evo level. I.E charmander evolves at lvl 16 so 16 posts= evo. Or 16x 1.5
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5244
Charm : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 am

seems plausible. and it actually makes sense considering the relatively lax nature of our posters. Then again Im not a good judge of time and it might end up being too fast
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am

16 posts sounds too low imo. It'll take me about 20 minutes to evolve a pokemon at that rate. We wanted there to be some sort of effort needed. Also Jose DID say (to me, I dunno if he posted it here) that battles give you 10 points.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:00 am

double post. but who cares. lol.

Name: Eric Oswel
Appearance: Pokemon RP REBOOT 2mrv6sx
Sprite: Pokemon RP REBOOT 5vwqqw
Pokemon:
Espeon (Hime)

Eric was always alone in his house with his parents traveling all throughout the land to promote new pokeaccessories. They assumed he was happy having the latest technology and what not, but he always felt empty. During one of the few trips they allowed him to go along, a wild eevee stole his lunch. Rather than chasing it he just said "Fuck it." and went to go buy food elsewhere. The eevee had been following him around since then, so he took her home and became attached to it, as it was the first thing to show him any affection.

Personality:Smug,Sarcastic,overly protective of things he cares about.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:42 am

Character name- Jose Reyes
Character age- 18
Appearance: Wears a t-shirt under an open buttoned shirt with jeans on. He either wears sneakers or sandals usually. and the colors of his clothes vary from day to day.
Pokemon RP REBOOT 2ngc66a
Starter Pokemon:
Seel (Egg)
Mareep (Male) Nickname: Kitao

Jose was traveling about not knowing what exactly his mission was. He was pushed out of his small village with a Pokemon egg in hopes for him to make some money and for his family to have one less mouth to fee. He had been traveling for a while and eventually ended up in the Johto Region. As he arrived he had found a Mareep that was getting picked on and hurt by some teenagers. He immediately went to it's defense and scared off the Mareep's assailants. It was badly hurt, and he knew if he left the Mareep there it might not make it. He tried to pick it up but it shocked him right away. He tried a second time and it shocked him again. The third time he just grabbed it with abandon, ignoring the pain he carried it to the nearest pokecenter. He arrived there and they took the Mareep into their care. He didn't realize how taxing it was to carry the Mareep this far. He looked at his hands burned slightly and he fell forward, unconscious. He awoke the next morning and was laying next to the Mareep. They were let out within the day and the Mareep stuck to Jose like glue. He went down to touch it and this time the shock didn't hurt. It was just warm. He pet the Mareep and named it Kitao. He could just get enough money to buy food, let alone buy anything to become a true trainer, So he didn't have any pokeballs to keep it in. Now it's just walks beside him on his travels. He's also trying to make his egg hatch but he hasn't had much success. He continues on his travels doing oddjobs here and there.

Personality- Fun, Easygoing, Always comes to help those in need. Cracks a lot of jokes and tends to be immature.

Last edited by Jin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:59 pm

We could round up with it or something, Like if something evolves at LV 16, make it 20 posts. But that could get kinda confusing...
I dunno. I'm just blurting random ideas. D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Well we could lower the points given from the battles. Or we could make every losse makes you lose moer points, just to make it challenging.

(will post later but i need a template)
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5244
Charm : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:09 pm

just compare the other posts and check out the first part of the topic for rules. really we just need name/starter pokemon/backstory. and jesusknee's rules are good enough for me if it means this thing takes off.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down