Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reborn RP Reboot

+5
Arc
Xanxus
usogami
Rise: The Game
Grunge Hamster
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Reborn RP Reboot Empty Reborn RP Reboot

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Schools almost done and I thought "Hey you know what I miss? The reborn RP."

But let's face it. That was my first RP attempt and I failed. Boxed myself into a corner trying to do a linear storyline, which isn't all bad but I wasn't ready for it. I was a control freak and didn't account for people dropping out.

But if you're interested I'd like you to let me try again. This time it'll be more open ended. We can't all be sky but I'd like to do away with the first come first serve guardian thing and let things progress more naturally as we get a feel for whos in and who doesn't have the time. Right now it's just a sign up sheet. You can use your old chara if you want or make a new one. The new story will spend more time revolving around school life for the first part as we get people lined up. Think a "strongest delinquent" type story as the introduction.

Any element you want cuz there are no official guardians. No mixing Sky and Earth and please don't all pick storm or something.

Of course that's even under the assumption that this thing isn't already dead in the water.

Seriously wanted to do an air gear one now that the mangas almost done but people never sign up for stuff they don't read
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10087
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Reborn RP Reboot Empty Re: Reborn RP Reboot

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:15 pm

I'll probably use my existing character. I really liked what I had going with him. Im in.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29918
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:25 pm

ill join, but iono yet if i want to make a new character or stick with the old one
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6073
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Ill keep Draco, with his primary flame as Cloud and minor everything else *likegoku* And whats teh family? Still the same or what?
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5243
Charm : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Yeah good point draco.

Are we gonna eventually turn into a family? Or are we all gonna be from different ones or wat?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Well i presume were a new generation but becoming a new family would be interesting...... maybe we can put it back in the time of primo or something?
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:49 pm

still next gen. we're still a family. I no longer care if the elements match up because then I don't necessarily have to be the mc. We spend more time in the school arc to get us all properly together. The school is full of mafia kids so alliances are more easily justified instead of "hey ur the only cloud guy who signed up heres a box weapon we meet on sundays".
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:57 pm

kinda sad thats how it wont play out with Draco. If no one else is gonna join the family id also take mist. :/
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:32 am

I would like to try again with my same character if that's ok. If not then I have another idea for a sun guardian.

Is there anything i could have done differently to help the story? I'm never sure of how much power to share.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8655
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:49 pm

I'd go for lightning this time but keep my character from before, is that ok?
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7868
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Well nothing really needs to be changed in terms of your characters if you don't want to. The major thing will be a school setting. The school itself won't openly raise mafia students, but it'll be full of the children of mafia bosses. They'll form delinquent gangs and fight after school and stuff. The school activities will be the hub from which we form a group and take on the more linear story elements. Class itself isnt the focus but rather the relationships between the students. Maybe a student council, discipline committee maybe some other stuff. Major villains will be worked in as needed.

Only requirement for your new charas is that they be involved in the middle school somehow. Any sky flame students should be prepared to recruit followers.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 am

mmmk illll make a quick update of Draco and make a skyflame user
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Is this going to happen?
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:13 am

Sorry. I just finished up my last exam. I'll post full details for this during daylight hours.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Saaya Agata Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:50 pm

i'm in. and i guess i'll keep the same character
Saaya Agata
Saaya Agata
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 5646
Charm : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:15 pm

taking longer than i expected to figure this out, but rest assuered im working on it.

In the mean time do any of u have ideas on how to address the problem of waiting a long time for a particular person to post? In p4 we just continue the show without them but here we have the issue of irreplaceable guardians. how can we do this in a way that allows us to freely adapt and create new scenarios?
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Ok so I've been thinking and bouncing ideas around and I think I have the solution to our problems. Well mostly my problem but whatever. The way I see it the whole "family" thing left this rp in a pretty tough spot.

For one thing the characters were forced together in a completely unrealistic way. Most of us realistically had no reason to join the group and I even had to make the villains threaten us to stick together.

Second issue was long hiatuses (haitusi? hiatusae?). I get it people have lives but if one of the guardians is absent things tend to get put on hold and a fight without all seven guardians is just the shimon arc (and we all know how great that was).

So the point is we need at least two things.

1. A believable premise for a bunch of strangers to hang out
2. A system of conflicts that doesn't punish the losers who have time to post everyday and also doesn't keep the busy people out of the loop.

Well how about if the family is already well established?

yeah that would solve the first problem. If the family is already famous then even if all our characters straight up hate eachother recruitment is a breeze cuz we're joining a legitimate orginization, not some wimpy kid and his magic pet cat.

And if the family is large enough then we could heve like missions and stuff. We're not the main guardians so not everyone has to be around for everything. Which events you join in can be worked around your IRL schedules. If you show up and a mission is already underway then you can do some solo stuff or have a partner mission with another latecomer whatever.

This also takes a lot of pressure off of requiring a single main story. We can have a mission board topic to toss around ideas for each event, instead of me trying to dominate the RP with my fanfic of a storyline. Kinda like how each person gets to make their dungeon in the P4 rp, each person will have the option to put forth a conflict for us to resolve.

So we're all members of a larger family/organization that dispatches us on missions with different team members that may or may not actually like eachother.

And the little light bulb goes off.

Varia RP

So yeah scrap the school idea and modify your characters accordingly. If I get enough yeses then I'll open a mission board topic and start the actual RP. I'll post my new non-boss character later.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:41 pm

so are we rping varia or new generation guardians or what?
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 pm

We're part of a huge family, but we aren't THE guardians. We're just a group of people who get sent on missions together periodically. Since we're the main focus I guess you could say we're the "elite" soldiers of the family or something ala varia, but I see what Red is saying.

Say I have a test comming up IRL and im not gonna be around, we aren't bound by the whole "Family needs its guardians" thing, so the story/missions/fighting can continue with absent members instead of the RP being put on hold just for one person. With this even mulitple things could be happening, like Red and Draco could be on some super S ranked mission while Me, Usogami and Luche are off doing something else for the family.

Basically, its a more open and free RP. Rather than being chained down by the whole "Role of the family guardian" thing that we had in the original RP
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:11 pm

^Exactly what Masu said.

For want of a better suggestion we'll be minor members of the Varia roughly 15-20 yrs after the reborn canon. Instead of one big happy family our characters will be recruits for the Varia. We'll be part of Varia under the command of the main six. We'll take on different missions with teams selected in the mission board topic ill make. Think of it as taking things from the grunt perspective. We're not as strong as the varia or their replacements or anything like that, more like a gathering of talented minor characters.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:17 pm

About that...........

Varia cloud guardian.............

Yeah..........
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:29 pm

cloud is a varia they just never offiacily had a cloud. And its something like the varia not exactly the varia. But I say we all resubmit our characters.
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:43 pm

heres my chara. adjust ur characters for that "Varia quality". Remember, in order to join the varia you need to speak seven languages and have top marks in most subjects, otherwise any personality is fine.

-name: Fiorella, "Ella"
-flame: sun
-weapon: weighted sleeves and a glaive
-box: vines
-appearance: long straight black hair with straight cut bangs, yellow eyes, varia jacket is several sizes too large and hangs like a dress, sleeves are much longer than normal covering her hands, carries shoulder bag with a pouch for a raggedy teddy bear
-description: foul mouthed and spoiled. Like all members of varia, is highly intelligent and has the full credentials of a professional killer. A talented orphan that was raised within the Varia to be an assassin. Has been with the organization for nearly 4 years, and has a somewhat warped love/hate relationship with the seniors who raised her.

Last edited by Fran on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:08 am

kouya tsubaki (v2)

age- 18

flames- mix of sun, rain, and cloud

weapon- throwing daggers/needles, poison, seeds/spores (think... kurama...).
box- black butterfly XD

apperance- same as before... black kimono with red stylized lycoris designs. straight, black hair with bangs. crimson eyes. pale-ish skin. likes wearing a surgical mask.

personality- calm, quiet and caring generally, but is obsessive over his plants in his greenhouse... the last person who hurt his plants ended up commiting suicide. attempts to exact payments from his "patients" on risk of death. has a good network of informants. looks up to Dr. Shamal's skill... not so much shamal himself.

fighting style- just trying to give a cut on an enemy with his most potent weapons (all of which are poisoned). fights like ninja; he dosent do duels or things of the sort.

languages- english, italian, cantonese, Mandarin, japanese, french, german

likes- plants, poisons, herbs, healing,
dislikes- killing when unnecessary unless it is someone a bit too corrupted... or an ass,

so... changed his personaity a bit, as well as other things. not as.... greedy as before, but still somewat greedy. as a note- said person who committed suicide killed itself due to nightmares. horrible, horrible nightmares. while it was awake.
anyways, character probably isnt varia enough... but ill add changes later.

Last edited by usogami on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6073
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanxus Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:13 pm

Which is your primary flame, And ill change to lightning flame.
Xanxus
Xanxus
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next