Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ps3 Games

3 posters

Go down

Ps3 Games Empty Ps3 Games

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm

So today, using gift money for Christmas that I know my biological father would cry if he knew I spent it on games, I bought 4 games off Amazon:

Sengoku Basara
Disgea 3
Final Fantasy 13
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Here are my reasons:

Snegoku Basara: Presumably a game about 4 samurai nutjobs, the forum seems to be buzzing about how good this game is, and how I should get it. Looking at the trailer, I inferred that the gameplay looks crazy fluid, and the characters must be purposefully over the top ridiculous. You have:
The determined guy
The guy out for revenge
The guy who compensates for his small penis by using 6 swords
And Adachi.

So, being the willing bandwagon joiner that I am, I figured: Awesome, let's go. I am a sheep and Tales Chronicles is my shepard.

Disgea 3: Another game that I saw some buzzing around about on the site, but as of late has been towards the back of most minds I assume. Looking again at the trailer, it looked like it had strong strategy elements, strong characterization, and a fucking wacked out story that blew Sengoku Basara's cast of misfits out of the water. I have a feeling this will be my favorite of the 3 rpgs that I've purchased for the black monster PS3, but it's not like I won't give the others a chance. Who knows? I could probably hate the game.

I doubt it though. Or Masu may castrate me.

Final Fantasy 13: This game I've been back and forth about for a long time. On the one hand, I had a lot of fun with Final Fantasy 10, it was a great pre-cursor to Tales of Symphonia for me. On the other hand, Final Fantasy has always been stuck up it's own ass with overly dramatic bullshit, angsty characters, and on occasion, crappy gameplay. But I found it on Amazon for 15 bucks, and it seems like an elaborately long, fairly enjoyable experience. I could be wrong about it all, and it could be great, but in a game where one of the main characters is a pussy bitch named 'HOPE' of all things, I'm questionable.

Need For Speed: I've been in a mood for a racing game. I liked playing Need for Speed with one of my best friends back on the very original Playstation 1. And it's the first strictly racing game I've purchased for a looooooong time.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Ps3 Games Empty Re: Ps3 Games

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:57 pm

If Masu hasn't already recommended it Cross Edge would be a good game to get.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Well, I already have 4 games on the way.

Not to mention ass creed Bros I gotta beat.

But I think most of the non-ps3 stuff will wait till school starts again. Since I'm not bringing up the Ps3.

I don't have room, and I already got 360 stuff up there.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Ah true.....

Reminds me that I need to finish Agarest War.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Yeeeeeah.....
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Actually, i DONT recomend cross edge. not for lyle. Lyle is a casual gamer, and cross edge requires at least 15 hours, JUST for gathering items for halfway decent items. Its the embodiment of hardcore rpg, and it actually wasnt well received at all. Its hard as fucking shit, time consuming, and very tedious. Things from past posts, I dont think Lyle is very fond of. Like, tedious as in, "If you attack this boss even once, you cannot get the good ending"

thats seriously one of the requirements. and its COMPLETELY UNRELATED BOSSES TOO. you have NO idea, and i only found out because im playing this game with a true ending guide, or else you will NEVER fucking get it :/

It even gets to wear on me at times.

Also, Disgaea 3's cast seems MUCH more towards the comedic side, than the others. Disgaea 2 was too serious, and I didnt like it too much. Disgaea one had the BEST fucking character development ive seen in games. I love ALL of the main cast, that includes the EDF characters (Gordon Jenifer and Thursday), the seemingly comic relief Etna who had a very deep story, and Laharl had VERY well paced development, and all the endings, True,Normal,Bad and Worst all seem very plausible and I could see any of them happening unlike in other games where i'd raise my hands into the air and go "WHAT THE FUCK KINDA ENDING IS THIS?!?!?!" if i got a bad end. I'd go more into it because my sister and i have together poured in a good thousand hours into this game since I got it back in ninth grade, and got the PSP port too, but i'll get into spoiling shit.

Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:08 pm

Please don't call me a casual gamer.

Casual gamers play i-phone games.

I may not be an anal hardcore gamer that would put up with massive amounts of tedium, but I've done my fair share of it. Going through an exploit in Fallout New Vegas to get double the perks and reach the level cap shows I can take some tedium.

In fact, I remember waaaaay back when I played Baldur's Gate 2, there was one boss that you actually had to HEAL in order to beat it. Killing it would only make it stronger.

I don't mind tedium, so long as I'm not spending the entire game doing it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Disgea 3. I could use some light-hearted fun games. After playing Uncharted 2 with it's ripoff plot of National Treasure/Indiana Jones, I could use something that takes the piss out of itself.

Back on the other subject, I can take being not called a 'hardcore' gamer, that's fine. But I am in no way a 'casual' gamer. At least not by the definition I'm thinking of.

'Gamer' would describe me well enough.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Moral of my post:

Dont play cross edge. Or trinity universe. you wont like them.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Kay.

I mean, I'll think about looking into them, but right now my plate is fairly full.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down