Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argarest War Zero

3 posters

Go down

Argarest War Zero Empty Argarest War Zero

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 am

"Are you sure you would like to move to Eternal Torment?"

......No Argarest War Zero, I wouldn't like to move to Eternal Torment. But seeing as that's the only way to continue the plot, I'm not sure why you're asking me that....

Seriously though, I really like this series. Though I haven't finished the first one, (Cause my bastard friend wanted to play it and took it away from me) I'm playing the prequel and I really enjoy the experiences I'm having with both.
Sadly, I can't recommend this game to all the people. I recommend it to all male gamers though. Females would probably be put off by the sexual content. And while that isn't what makes the game good, it'll put off a lot of females.

Which is sad. I know that the sexual content is part of the series' identity, but it feels like it should be beyond that kind of thing. Granted, if it wasn't for that, I would have never gotten into it. And it's not because I'm a perv (that was part of it) but the way it was advertised was just so awesome:

"An epic journey...

...a war torn land...

..a hero's struggle and sacrifice...

...but you don't care about that. Here's some tits."

It was just so cleverly done, that I had to look into it some more. It covers all the very stereotypical anime fetishes, almost to a T. But there's a lot more to the game than that. I still rank Vashtor, Winfield, and Ellis as some of the best written characters I've been exposed to for a while.

The game has is fairly difficult too. There have been many times I've gotten my ass handed to me several times. And the upgrade system is unforgiving and difficult to pull off. When you do manage to get what you need, it renews my vigor for the game and feels all the more worth it.

So discuss. I'm not sure how many people have this game, or even play it. It took me a looong time to get into it. But now I'm loving it. Both games. I just wish I could get the other one back though....
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Argarest War Zero Empty Re: Argarest War Zero

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Ah the first one, if only I could finish that, it has way too many points that your enthusiasm will take a blow that makes you hate the game.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Its like Ar Tonelico. Except ar tonelico didn't advertise "SEX SEX SEX" like Agarest, but Ar Tonelico is overflowing with sexual innuendo at the start and through the whole game (so much i started keeping a list of them somewhere). Didn't feel like I was playing a real solid RPG till about halfway through when the story started kicking in and it branches out depending on which heroine you pick n such.

I havent started Zero yet. I dont wanna hurt my beautiful Limited Edition box Sad
Rise: The Game
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Yeah, the game does tend to screw you at certain points. I curse whomever came up with the idea of 'impulse wave'.

It's hard to get into, but I think worth discussing. It's really good characterization. The best I've been exposed to since Persona. Battles get tedious as hell.

Still, great story.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content