Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger/Contiuum Shift

+8
Creeping Shadow
SHSL Gang Leader
The Monkey King
Rozencrutz
DiZZ
Toriko
Kilvas
Rise: The Game
12 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger/Contiuum Shift - Page 12 Empty Re: BlazBlue Calamity Trigger/Contiuum Shift

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:21 pm

By "without repercussions" I meant you could use a new character and learn them without getting insta-raped by someone who expects you to but your best foot forward.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7386
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger/Contiuum Shift - Page 12 Empty Re: BlazBlue Calamity Trigger/Contiuum Shift

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Bishop, desu. wrote:By "without repercussions" I meant you could use a new character and learn them without getting insta-raped by someone who expects you to but your best foot forward.
ohhhhhhhhh
well that makes sense then thanks bro

I'm going to try hosting a 2-person room and fighting anyone who comes in it until they leave
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 am

That's what I do. You should name your room TRAIN or something with the word in it. That attracts people.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:12 am

Do that, and at the botom of the list you can pick "For Beginners only, For Experts only, or Unspecified"

If you just wanna train i'd say make it beginners only
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 am

And if you wanna get more down and dirty specific, you can do what I did when i was just starting. I made a room called "TeachMeCarlPlz" or "LrningCarl", used my mic so i could talk with a decent person who didnt mind showing me the ropes, and i just fought against and learned from seeing and getting beaten. I learn better by seeing and having things done TO ME rather than reading a combo list.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:31 pm

Of course it turns out that a good way to stop hating a character completely is to play as that character frequently

If you can't obey the law
Spoiler:
don't blame me
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Creeping Shadow Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:38 pm

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1229133_1407.html

BB on the PSP screens.

Looks like a DS game, I guess thats what happens when you take a next gen HD game and port it to the PSP...
Creeping Shadow
Creeping Shadow
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5887
Charm : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Looks noice. I won't get it tho.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:13 pm

You definitely want to check this out guys. Looks like Hazama is fleshing out. Also, he looks FUN.

Last edited by Bishop, desu. on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Things I've noticed about CS.

- Tao is faster overall. Attacks and movement.
- Noel's drive seems to be less effective.
- Ragna's C moves seem to come up quicker, but have a higher cool down.

Will list moar later.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Tao is AWESOME
Hazama is AWESOME

Hazama DD in here. twice.

Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Seems like Hazama might be a good match-up against characters like Arakune/ Rachel/ A-11. His chains let him keep up on the pressure and seem like they could ignore wind. The ultimate rushdown character?
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 pm

Hazama...
I dunno
Catbread upon learning Hazama would be playable wrote:AWESOME
This guy is going to be a really cool addition
Nifes are pro and Hazama is pro
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 61 kg
Birthday: April 29
Blood Type: AB
Birthplace: Unknown
Hobbies: Collecting silver accessories
Dislikes: Cats
CV: Yuichi Nakamura
Dislikes: Cats
Catbread upon seeing the above wrote:BETTER WATCH YOUR FUCKING STEP HAZAMA BECAUSE BEING STRANGLED WITH YOUR OWN SPINE IS NEVER A GOOD FEELING BRO YOU MIGHT WANT TO AVOID THAT
Oh you're a ghost and don't have a spine? That's a shame because THEN I'D HAVE TO KICK YOU IN THE FUCKING FACE UNTIL YOU GREW A SPINE SO I COULD RIP IT OUT OF YOU AND STRANGLE YOU WITH IT
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:34 pm

His birthday is april 29th.

Pro.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:05 am

Okay here is my progress which I am posting here for the hell of it

New techniques learned today (approximations):
Carl: 3
Arakune: 1
Noel: 1
Taokaka: 7

Of course I am about to go to sleep and when I wake up I will have forgotten all of them. Okay so probably I'll remember a couple of Tao's BUT STILL

Also I discovered that the point of taunt combo is NOT to keep the opponent in midair or something similar.
Turns out if Tao can hit with a taunt during a combo, the damage of every following attack goes through the roof
What the hell
Maybe later I can get the d~b timing right
Hah

Also I think I am trying to learn too many characters at once.
I should focus mostly on Tao and Noel for now

Also I'm considering dropping Arakune because I don't trust any character I can win with
If I'm fighting strong opponents and winning as someone I don't know anything about, something is amiss
The purpose of dropping Arakune would be to switch my fourth slot to Bang, Rachel, or Litchi.
I dunno I'll think about this. Ideally I'd like to be "good" with everyone

Also after one fight Bishop was telling me that his Arakune was using pressure tactics on me, and that I should learn these tactics.
He seemed to think I could tell what was going on during that fight
He also seemed to think I could remember whatever happened once it was over
I appreciate the effort though!
Yes I am serious
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:07 am

I could have told you about the Tao taunt, but I figured you already knew.

WTF happened to your Tao? Before you were doing some like 1.7k~2k combos, now you're flying all over the place, I can't hit you, and you're doing 3k+ damage combos. WITH TAO. Good job (though it was very frustrating).

I've got a new Noel combo I think you could pull off. I've been fiddling with her in training. You're getting much better with her too. One problem you need to fix; USE YOUR METER! Noel's aerial DD is always safe. Hit, block, complete miss, the opponent can't really get you. Another thing; when attack air-to-ground, C is a better option than B. Priority.

The arakune pressure I used was his j.B. Just air dash forward, and HOLD BACK WHILE ATTACKING. This allows arakune to cancel his air dash and fall to the ground with momentum from his dash. Works with back dash too, and also A/C attacks. I will call this Falling for us. I usually do Falling j.B, Jab, Falling j.B, Jab, etc. You can mix up what you use upon landing, like dA, nB or fA.

Notes you'll want to know about arakune:
Anytime you hit with fA, nD will hit.
Using his invisibility move will basically cut the recovery for nD in half.
After using any dive attack on a grounded opponent, if it's counterhit you can combo nB > j.A > j.A > j.C > j.D for a free curse. You can add more air jabs sometimes.

This may be to complicated for now, but what I do for his cursed C loop:
fC>fC>dC~(B fA)>fC>fC>dC~(B fA)> anything you want to try and curse them again or try for one more loop.
PLAY BY PLAY VERSION:
Start his C combo, but during the final hit(the pounding attack) press B, then forward A. You'll still be reviving from the attack when this happens, so the bugs will appear while you recover, hitting and keeping the enemy aurborbe long enough to start the combo again. Try it in practice mode, as this will take you a while( or it did for me). LEARN THIS! Deals massive Soviet damage.

Bug descriptions:
A bug: Comes out the opposite side of the screen, above Tager hair level. Spammable. Spam it. It's air unblockable usually. Hit enemies with it in the air, then birdakune.
B bug: This is the back-up bug, in more than one way. He will save your slimy ass should you provide an opening and can't use the A bug. Comes in diagonally from the top of the screen behind you. It also picks the opponent "back up" if they're on the ground. Launches people.
C bug: This bug is a piece of shit and I rarely use it. It's actually a pro bug, bug I can't get the timing right. Low arc around knee level, staggers enemies. If you time it you can use it to continue after and aerial combo.
D bug: Bees.

All bugs can be manipulated with directional inputs f/df/n(or d)/db/b.
All bugs upset other players on hit.

For those who don't know terminology
directions: imagine a controller and figure it out

ub u uf

b n f

db d df

or
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

I forgot my original purpose.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:42 am

Bishopu desu wrote:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

I forgot my original purpose.

its

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:47 am

FUCK ME
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Learning a few more Noel Combos, finding that none of them work on Carl(as per usual)
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 pm

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger/Contiuum Shift - Page 12 2h4cgglAwwright thanks a lot for the information.
Although I still have to overcome the thing where I start practicing combos, then go "this is boring/impossible" and quit.
In any case learning these things is only half of what I need (offense). I need to play moar to get the rest
Still not sure Player Matches are good, cause if someone overpowered joins then there's no chance I'll be fighting someone else who I could potentially hold my own against.
Bishopu desu wrote:Noel's aerial DD is always safe.
I aware of this
But I don't know any reliable way to get it to hit
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Combos I know into Bullet Storm:
fA > fC > j.C~BS
Variations of that combo work well too.
Basically anytime the opponent is airborne and you hit them with j.C, BS will link.
Btw, my new combo is fA > fB > fC > j.C > Revolver Blast. Fast, and does about 2.5k. Doesn't work on counter hit or if linked after a j.C. If doing counterhit or j.c first, omit the fB and continue on. Adding the j.C to start makes it around 3k. In the corner you can do fB on counterhit if you delay it.

My newest favorite combo has to be this one, also being my most damaging combo to date.
fA > fC > j.C~j.D > Spring Rain > fC > j.C > Revolver Blast. Good ol' Soviet damage. Can link into BS if you omit Revolver. The timing for getting j.D to hit during j.C is a little tricky, along with getting Spring Rain out, but it's totally worth it. Unfortunately doesn't work on counterhit.

All this was tested on Ragna and Carl. Ragna gets hit by all, Carl only gets hit by fA>fC>j.C>Revolver Blast

important note about BS:
If the opponent is in the corner, air dash directly after, and then walk/dash forward and use fC to catch your opponent and then you can either go for the j.C>Revolver, or j.C>grab( I think).
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 pm

RIGHT

okay thx
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Another combo I forgot to add. I almost never use Noel's command grab(Can You Dodge/CYD), but I saw you doing it fairly often, so you could get some real use out of it.
CYD > dB > fC > j.C > Revolver
Timings is a little tricky, as well as inputting the fC since you might accidentally Optic Failure.
Another combo that has some tricky timing is if you do a normal grab, but DURING THE FIRST HIT you use CYD. If you're a little slow the opponent will tech, but you'll still get them. Follow up however.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:03 am

Assuming Wikipedia is correct, it's crazy how many BlazBlue voice actors are in Tales of Vesperia

The Duke, Yeager, Tison, the Dhaos cameo, and even Rita apparently are all voiced by people from Blaz

Makes perfect sense too
Dhaos is incredibly badass, the Duke could kick everyone's ass but chooses not to, Tison is really angry all the time, Yeager's voice is fucked up, and Rita is a psychotic 12-year old
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:53 am

Ovan = Duke = Tager thats how Rozen makes the connections
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8722
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next