Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if you were a fighting game character?

+7
Oguma
Fondos Aquila
Nightmare
Rise: The Game
Giorno Giovanna
The Universe
SHSL Gang Leader
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What if you were a fighting game character? Empty What if you were a fighting game character?

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:02 am

I spend way too much time thinking about stuff like this. And now you can too!
Suppose you were a character in a 2d fighting game. (No specific game, but it'd be similar to BlazBlue/Melty Blood/Street Fighter etc.)

-How would you fight (With what weapon/style)?
-What would your strengths and weaknesses be (slow and powerful, defensive but short ranged, etc)?
-What would your special moves and ultimate attacks be?
-What would your stage be?
-What would your theme/your stage's theme be?
-And so on.

Since I ought to provide an example, mine would go something like this:
I'd fight with wristblades (these would be green and translucent). They have decent range and attack power, but aren't so great for defense. As a result, I'd be a fast, aggressive character.
My specials would reflect this (Fury Rush - Closes the distance between me and my target instantly and unleashes a barrage of stabbing punches).

I wouldn't have many ranged attacks, but I'd be able to "distort" space, and several specials would draw on this ability (Distortion Wave - a short-medium range attack with low power, but knocks the target far away).

My stage would have to be
this

Ultimate: Fatal Inversion
This would be where I slowly ascend into the air and declare "Nothing is sacred." Then something like this (Warning: Volume) would cover the entire screen. It would be fatal. It'd have a large range, but be slow to start up, giving enemies time to get out of its radius- unless I've recently stunned them with a distortion special.

Told you I spend too much time thinking about this

Last edited by Commander Catbread on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:56 am; edited 5 times in total
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

What if you were a fighting game character? Empty Re: What if you were a fighting game character?

Post by The Universe Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 am

Steak Knives.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8316
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

What if you were a fighting game character? Empty Re: What if you were a fighting game character?

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 am

TLS (FULL OF JUSTICE) wrote:Steak Knives.
Hey you can do better than that

...that is cool though
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Giorno Giovanna Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm

-How would you fight? With a STAND. Yeah, you read that right. Specifically, a stand that allows me to use various weapons (Both for specials and attacks) as well as attack indirectly (Like causing a spike to shoot up from the ground).
-What would your strengths and weaknesses be? HEAVILY Overpowered specials, but difficult to pull off the specials for
Specials:
~FlashFist (Required for Stand Users)
~A MINIGUN which is discarded at the end of the attack, but can be reformed again on the next attack.
~A BFS that is used in a one-strike attack similar to Undine in ToP.
~Create a wall of spikes in a similar fashion to the FlashFist.
~Send Spikes through the ground to pop out underneath the opponent.
Ultimate:
~Form a box around the opponent that proceeds to shrink until the occupant is crushed to pulp.
-What would your stage be? Langley, Virginia
-What would your theme/your stage's theme be? Ignore

Giorno Giovanna
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5501
Charm : -114

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:57 am

-How would you fight (With what weapon/style)? Nanaya Shiki Half Moon Style, cuz its pro, and top tier lol. Also, school kids with knives who murder for no reason are hardcore.
-What would your strengths and weaknesses be:No projectiles, but can do kicks that send me flying across half the screen, can also do this in midair, and can do a kick that makes a clone of myself appear BEHIND the opponent to make up for lack of projectiles, but this kick is a special, and takes 100 heat special gauge.
-What would your special moves and ultimate attacks be?:Super rocket kick,useable in the air and on the ground. Kick that makes an image of myself behind the opponent, so i can hit them from anywhere as long as they arent guarding. A billion knife slashes. Ultimate:Force the game into slow motion as I split into two and leap across half the screen to dismember the opponent.
-What would your stage be? Shadow Town Mad Parade
-What would your theme/your stage's theme be? Fearless (dont feel like getting the link, its a melty blood song)
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:43 pm

-How would you fight (With what weapon/style)?: I would use a combination of Swords, Steak Knives and a Wii-mote with Nunchuck attachment.
-What would your strengths and weaknesses be (slow and powerful, defensive but short ranged, etc)?: Powerful and Fast, but pitiful HP.
-What would your special moves and ultimate attacks be?:
Specials:
Sexplosion: TLS punches the ground, dividing by zero in the process, the resulting explosion is only known as the legendary..."SEXPLOSION.

Lolcano: TLS raises his power level Over 9000 causing a huge explosion under the feet of his enemies, this explosion is only known as a "LOLCANO"

Pencil Rocket: TLS summons a Pencil Rocket out of freaking nowhere and throws it at an enemy.

Finisher Move:
Sexcopter: TLS summons a sexcopter to the field, need I say more.
-What would your stage be?: A KFC lawl.
-What would your theme/your stage's theme be?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LjbMVXj0F8

Last edited by TLS (Is Back in Black) on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:03 am; edited 2 times in total
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8316
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:14 pm

UP YO GAME PEOPLE

-How would you fight (With what weapon/style)? Ninjitsu and Tai Chi combined with DARK MAGIC. If I had to use a weapon, a nodachi would do.
-What would your strengths and weaknesses be (slow and powerful, defensive but short ranged, etc)? Powerful, high-priority attacks but difficult to use

Specials:

Dark Blast: Your typical projectile. I shoot it by swiping my cloak. Purple and nasty looking.
Dark Geyser: A 180 kick with a geyser of darkness coming from in front of me.
Omicron: Wrap my cloak around myself; repels all projectiles.
Darkness: A crescent of darkness that I create with my hand, from over my head to a bit in front of me. Anti-air.
Styx Wave: A short-ranged wave of darkness I create by punching the ground in front of me (similar to the "claw" Raging Storm). Weak, but stuns enemy for a second.
Basilisk Claw: I grab the opponent (with one hand) and give them a healthy dose of darkness before kicking away. Grab, so unblockable.

Supers:

Azi-Dahaka Claw: Grab with both hands and give the opponent a powerful surge of darkness that distorts them, then blast them away (they turn normal after blasted).
Hades Wave: A larger, more intense version of Styx Wave that does slightly more damage (still pretty low for a super move) but stuns for around five seconds.
Bone Breaker: Grab opponent and break limbs, ribs, collar bones and finally, a back breaker (on my back, not on my knee).
Omicron Mark II: Same as Omicron, but blocks every kind of attack, and deals back half the damage of the attack. Requires max super gauge.
Hellish Consumption: A combo ("ranbu") that dizzies the opponent, then I gather much darkness (everywhere would distort, become darker and faint morbid images would show around when this happens) and blast it at the opponent in a giant beam. Requires max super gauge.

Nightmare's Mansion: An elegant, large mansion made of marble, mostly. The fight takes place in the foyer. Background may have some of the servants moving about or watching the fight.

-What would your theme/your stage's theme be? A nice, orchestrated theme (similar to Elegant Summer but more mellow and serious) for my stage. For myself...I really have no idea.

-And so on. Pingas

Last edited by Nightmare on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6455
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:53 pm

This is a character I've been working on for a while. I intended for her(yes, it's female) to be some character in an rpg like Tales( this was back when I planned to do game design), but I've got some ides that would work for a fighting game.

-How would you fight?
I'd use chains/hooks at the end of cloth attached to my clothing( Similar to this kid What if you were a fighting game character? Agito ). I will use my fists/feet to do the majority of the fighting, with the chains/hooks for added range/damage. The can be controlled through physical motions or mental powers( yeah I got them). Close/Medium range. No projectiles. Decent Speed.

Lots of grappling
Specials:
Quarter Circle Forward Drive(QCF D)- Send two chains at the enemy's torso(hits high). If the hit connects, hit or blocked, chain is pulled back( a second hit that is also high). Pulls the enemy closer, on hit or block. Quick recovery.
EXTENSION - If the first hit connects, input QCF D a second time to propel behind the enemy and kick them. Instant recovery, ends in mid-air, near ground. Double jump/Air-dash possible.

Quarter Circle Backwards Drive(QCB D)- Briefly spin a chain, then throw it at the enemy's feet(Hits low). On hit, grabs the enemy and swings them over to your other side and slams them on the ground. Enemy will bounce.

Half Circle Back-to-Forward Drive(HCBtF D)- Spins multiple chains vertically directly in front of you. Stops projectiles. Hits 5 times. Comes out very quickly, but has somewhat slow recovery. Can be canceled into other specials. Can be used in midair( is angled downwards, diagonally. Instant recovery upon landing).

[Down Down] Medium attack- Propels all chains at a 45º angle. Air unblockable. No damage to grounded foes. Reasonably fast start-up, somewhat slow recovery. Good reach.

{MID-AIR} QCF Strong attack- A full body spin. Extends chains to do damage around yourself. Similar to "Tempest" from Tales games.

{MID-AIR} QCB D- Flip backwards and sweep two chains at the opponents feet( hits low). On hit, launches the opponent into the air and in your direction. You will land while they are still air-borne(They do not recover until they hit the ground). Can hit enemies lying down. Reasonable start-up, long recovery. Simply hits opponent with chain in midair, but they have quick recovery and do not get launched higher.

Supers: Inputs undecided
Persistent Barrage- Furiously swing chains in front on you. 25 low damage hits followed by 3 strong kicks. Designed to RAPE guard meters( takes about 50% off normal guard meters). Designed with "reduced damage after multiple hits" type combos in mind. This move takes a while to finish.

Inner Focus- Increases moving speed, attack speed, and increase damage output by 1.5 for 10 seconds. Usable with other specials.

White Tempest- Special grab. Jump at the enemies feet, grab and spin them so quickly that a miniature tornado is created around you. 10 hits, and the enemy is sent flying forward at a 45º angle and bounces off the wall. Combo-able.

Ultimate:
Rough Street Combat- Unblockable. Perform a running punch to the face. Flip over the enemy, drop kick them in the back to send them flying into the wall. Enemy bounces off and back, and is headbutt into the air. You then jump up, wrap them in the chains, and flip multiple times, ending by slamming them into the ground with force that breaks the ground.

A rundown park in the city, surrounded by decrepit buildings.

Some sort jazz/rap mix.

It would play this as my victory theme, btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NsnLfIAcs&feature=related
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7386
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 pm

Tohno Leg of Righteousnes wrote:2 Pro
Everything about this post is amazing
Special bonus point for victory theme

I edit my theme in as well
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Oguma Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:14 pm

Knives
-What would your strengths and weaknesses be (slow and powerful, defensive but short ranged, etc)?
There are none
WARUI NE
I uno
Same.

Now for realz.

Hefty sword, while riding on a bear.
slow and defensive/powerful.
Sprinting bears are good
The forest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXh4EuJa2TU&feature=related

Oguma
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5683
Charm : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Oguma wrote:Bear
This sounds awesome
Coupled with the theme, and this here is one of the greatest if not the greatest fighting game characters ever.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Oguma Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Why Thank you.

Oguma
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5683
Charm : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Obviously mine is best.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7386
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by DiZZ Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:14 pm

What if you were a fighting game character? Gahcoaabb
Mr Lightspeed
-How would you fight?
Lunatic fighting style were i just fuck shit up like with punches and kicks..my character would be wearing a Tux with a tooth pick in my mouth at all times. i want my character to be a really crazy mofo lunatic (like Ryuji Yamazaki from KoF) that loves blood and never turns down a challenge and wants to humiliate his opponent rather than easily beat him/her.
-What would your strengths and weaknesses be?
my strength would be i can produce electricity but also that is my weakness coz i cannot control it..so i wear gloves that help focus the power. my gloves are able to get damaged or fall off(like vegas claw in sf) after being stunned or taking to much dmg in a round..that will nerf my dmg by atleast a 1/4. my dmg output is fair and i have a few safe moves on block. my ground game would be great and my air game would be ok with a few decent dmg air combos. you have to work for wins with this character. personally i would say my character would be a risk and reward aswell due to most of my combo starters being able to get punished if i abuse them. i would say im lowmid tier.
i am a sub boss character.

Specials:
1)a counter special were if timed correctly i will lunged foward into a punch or kick with a evil smirk on my face and because i did that it takes less dmg on me becuase i stopped your attack mid way. and i will just give you one knock down punch. then i will lick the blood of my fist while your still knocked down. this special is hard to time.

2) dashes forward with invincibility frames and starts a flurry of attacks ranging from punches and kicks then i grab your face with my hand and punch your face fully with a charged electric fist.

Ability
More attacks i take the more a build up my rage meter located above the super guage bar
Ultimate:
No ones made me fight to my potential: Only can be used with full rage bar..i would be glowing and my power would be increased hp will drain (lol Bloodkain?)
Company Building like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXnEh-poxdk
...top flooor with the seat aswell rofl..dark outside
and my stage music would be this - EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRn80WgyWKU

Last edited by DiZZ on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
DiZZ
DiZZ
Angel
Angel

Grade : 5654
Charm : 31

http://you can find me at - http://allisbrawl.com/profile/DarkyD

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:32 pm

DiZZ 'LightSpeed' Osmosiz wrote:Mr Propere
This profile is pro
Ha see what I did there
DiZZ 'LightSpeed' Osmosiz wrote:Company Building ...raining and thunder outside
Catbread, yo wrote:the top of a skyscraper at night during a thunderstorm
lol
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by DiZZ Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 pm

Commander Catbread wrote:
DiZZ 'LightSpeed' Osmosiz wrote:Mr Propere
This profile is pro
Ha see what I did there
DiZZ 'LightSpeed' Osmosiz wrote:Company Building ...raining and thunder outside
Catbread, yo wrote:the top of a skyscraper at night during a thunderstorm
lol

rofl
DiZZ
DiZZ
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:40 am

-How would you fight? My character would be female and fight using speed to her advantage. Her apperance would be that of a pretty *around 25 year old* young woman with green eyes and short white hair with a fringe, she would likely wear a tank top coloured white, with 70s styled jeans also coloured white kinda like Kyosuke's from Rival Schools. Her primary weapon would be dual daggers with the hilt coloured black and red on one side white on the other blade. Like mention above she would use speed to her advantage with a hybrid fighting style mixing typical ninja style attacks with street brawling.

-What would your strengths and weaknesses be? Her strengths would be high speed, great flashy looking damaging combos, good block strings with moves of fair amount of safety to make up for her weaknesses which include low health, low guard rating and not to much damage outside of combo and no projectiles.

-What would your special moves and ultimate attacks be? Her special moves would be a forward slashing move using both daggers in succession for a 2 hit knockdown which is good for ending combos because it puts the enemy in a vulnerable follow up state on the ground which she can then jump on top of them to SMASH THEIR FACES IN STREET BRAWLING STYLE, another special which would be an anti air...one that doesn't suck thanks it would be like terry's from KoF as she pushes herself off the ground for a rising spinning kick *it is NOT a charge*, her final move *as of now* would be a move used to bait attacks she backsteps then slashes forward using both daggers at the same time for decent damage then backstep would have invincible frames untill the point where she stops for around 15~17 frames which she can be countered in then she would do the slash. Her super would be a rapid combo which mixes her ninja like moves with brawling for a 44 hit combo...its name would be....44! LOL ORIGINAL AND SMART RIGHT?

-What would your stage be? A spacious apartment within Tokyo.

-What would your theme/your stage's theme be? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRcxLRszubY&feature=related hell yeah gotta love that intro.
Wolfie
Wolfie
Desian
Desian

Grade : 5369
Charm : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by DiZZ Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:46 am

this is what happens when my character does his super rofl ..after he dashes into you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz3jYkZMqqA
DiZZ
DiZZ
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:51 am

Wolfie wrote:Profile
These are looking better and better
Wolfie wrote:a 44 hit combo...its name would be....44! LOL ORIGINAL AND SMART RIGHT?
lol
Wolfie wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRcxLRszubY&feature=related hell yeah gotta love that intro.
Not bad at all

Also, I don't like having the same stage as someone else, so I will change mine to something even better
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by DiZZ Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:51 am

Commander Catbread wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Profile
These are looking better and better
Wolfie wrote:a 44 hit combo...its name would be....44! LOL ORIGINAL AND SMART RIGHT?
lol
Wolfie wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRcxLRszubY&feature=related hell yeah gotta love that intro.
Not bad at all

Also, I don't like having the same stage as someone else, so I will change mine to something even better

rofl i was gna change mine too
DiZZ
DiZZ
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:54 am

My new one is better anyways so that's okay

Also- amazing special
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by DiZZ Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Gave a video to kinda know exactly what i mean by my stage and ..changed level BGM
..i have a few more ideas can i post up another character i was thinking of..or is it strictly one character per person.
DiZZ
DiZZ
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks for liking my idea, when you say distorting of space would that mean you are able to punch into thin air but using your ability could kinda make your fist appear in different areas on the screen...kinda like Nu's summon swords in Blazblue?
Wolfie
Wolfie
Desian
Desian

Grade : 5369
Charm : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Hentie wrote:..i have a few more ideas can i post up another character i was thinking of..or is it strictly one character per person.
You can post as much as you want.
Wolfie wrote:Thanks for liking my idea, when you say distorting of space would that mean you are able to punch into thin air but using your ability could kinda make your fist appear in different areas on the screen...kinda like Nu's summon swords in Blazblue?
Nah. Instead of controlling space like Nu, I'd be destroying it, so I would motion in front of me, and that area would appear to distort physically, inverting colors, etc.
I was thinking of satire- the ability to twist words, to turn situations into something completely different, only with the physical world instead of words. Also because of Youtube Poop lol

I just noticed, between the three of us, this thread could be accurately renamed "Lost Town"
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 pm

I would fight either with a sword/Shissen Karihadi/my fist. If it was my fist obviously either monk styled from tales (farah); for sword wise its great sword styled; for my other style its a style using nun chucks.

My specials for my fist style would be flame and ice attacks( not freezing you like jin just slows you down and flames just well hurt you over time). For my sword style it would be like jetch. For my last style it would just be me power myself with a dragon to power up my attacks and each dragon (yes there would be different kinds) pumps me up with a different attack power. Ultimate attack shall be Annihilation (a mixture of both flame and ice attacks repeatably hitting you from both sides) for my fist style although it would be a close range move only. Sword style would be me turning into a demon and then I fight you like that, plus I will have one extra special in that form. My last style's ultimate would be me kicking you then smashing my nun chucks on your head and then having me summon a dragon spirit form the heavens and striking you down.

All my stages would have puppies and kitties with huge red eyes and have blood surrounding them except for my shissen style person would be a stage with dragons in the backround and you are fighting on top of a building. All the themes would be Devil may cry music, it starts off slow then during the fight it changes.
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7874
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next