Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if you were a fighting game character?

+7
Oguma
Fondos Aquila
Nightmare
Rise: The Game
Giorno Giovanna
The Universe
SHSL Gang Leader
11 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What if you were a fighting game character? - Page 4 Empty Re: What if you were a fighting game character?

Post by Nightmare Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:05 pm

I fear I made him too overpowered for a normal character though. Probably a boss or mid-boss.
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Grade : 6456
Charm : 214

http://www.pingas.com

Back to top Go down

What if you were a fighting game character? - Page 4 Empty Re: What if you were a fighting game character?

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 pm

That's awesum night. Bang
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7387
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:06 pm

I had an idea
-I make board/card games
-There are a bunch of fighting game characters here
Therefore
-I can make a forum game with these characters

It would work something like this:
Each character has 10 types of cards
Each card has an attack value, a defense value, and one or more specials on it.
This diceroller could be used to tell what cards you draw (Roll the d10 and get a 7, so you get card 7 in your hand).
Specials cost SP, you get 1 each turn and can exchange SP for cards and vice versa
Position of players will be based on a number line like so
-3___-2___-1___0___1___2___3
Starting at -1 and 1

Etc etc.
If there's interest I'll do it
It would require some degree of honesty though
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12692
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:08 pm

interest
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Chiemare wrote:interest
Hmm

By the way, you'd be able to play as anyone created, not just your own character, and you wouldn't have to have created a character to play.

Here's the list of known characters:
Catbread
TLS
Nightmare
Desu
Oguma
Mr. Propere (DiZZ)
Wolfie
Tsukune
Giorno Giovanna (from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

You can also use characters from existing games (like Giorno Giovanna or Nanaya Shiki), but I prefer originality (by a huge amount), and will make all original characters' stats before existing ones. So if you want to play as an existing character faster, pretend you made it.
Also names are cool if your character has a specific name tell me plz

Also the more interest, the faster I will work on this

Last edited by Chiebread on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Interest, tho I dont understand.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Chie is Life Chie is GOD wrote:Interest, tho I dont understand.
What does you want clarified
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:09 pm

my character is me since the thread said "what if you were a fighting game character" and that's what i went off ok

so nightmare is good
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:23 pm

Chiemare wrote:my character is me since the thread said "what if you were a fighting game character" and that's what i went off ok

so nightmare is good
Gotcha
Yeah I assume most of the names are like that, so unless someone speaks up, they'll stay like this
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Name: Sharp Dressed Man

-How would you fight (With what weapon/style)?: By being sharp dressed.

-What would your strengths and weaknesses be (slow and powerful, defensive but short ranged, etc)?: His strength is being sharp dressed.

-What would your special moves and ultimate attacks be?:

Clean Shirt: A powerful backhand strike that knocks the opponent far away.
New Shoes: A backwards roundhouse to the face.
Silk Suit: A small-ish combo that ends in a cool pose. The pose also damages.
Black Tie: Strangles with tie. Grab.
Gold Watch: Flashes watch and time stops for two seconds.
Diamond Ring: Cuts with diamond ring. Unblockable.
Cuff Links: Anti-air cut like the above move, but blockable.
Stick Pin: Throws stick pin and it explodes upon contact. Unblockable.
Top Coat: Covers opponent with top coat and repeatedly attacks them in their blind state.
Top Hat: Tips hat and opponent is stunned from the awesomeness.
Black Shades: Adjusts shades and opponent is blasted away from the awesomeness.
White Gloves: A flurry of extremely fast punches and slaps with his white gloves.

'Cause Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout a Sharp Dressed Man (Super): Does all attacks in succession, with short combos in-between. The opponent then makes a comment about the sharp dressed nature of the Sharp Dressed Man and how awesome he is.

And I Don't Know Where I am Goin' To (Super): Walks about aimlessly; if opponent hits him, he does a powerful counter, which is a kickass pose that might OHKO the opponent.

-What would your stage be?: Streets at night, in front a classy club with lots of spectators. If the Sharp Dressed Man himself is fighting in this stage, there are lots and lots and lots of fangirls cheering him on.

-What would your theme/your stage's theme be?: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_EFdod4YDo
Nightmare
Nightmare
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Chiemare wrote:Sharp Dressed Man
Awesome style
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42 pm

This was easier than I thought.
Here's what a character, once converted, would look like.

Catbread
Health: 17HP
Attack Level: 7
Defense Level: 4
1: 5/2
2: 5/1
3: 4/3
4: 4/2
5: 3/4
6: 3/3

Specials:
1: Space Shock
7 Attack, the target cannot move next turn. (3SP)

2: Chaotic Eruption
5 Attack, hits all adjacent targets, the enemy is knocked back 1 space for every point of damage caused. (2SP)

3: Psycho Rush
4 Attack, range infinite, move adjacent to the enemy as soon as the attack is revealed. This is considered an attack at range 1. (1SP)

4: Bizarre Pulse
4 Attack, range 4. (1SP)

5: Nullify
6 Defense, creates a Null Zone in the space you’re in, which reduces the attack of enemy attacks that pass through it by 1 and lasts until your third turn. (3SP)

6: Swift Deflection
4 Defense, if you block the attack, you can counter. (2SP)

It's still missing an ultimate attack, but this is pretty much it.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Tsukune
I am making your character now on your request

But

It will be difficult- setting up a form change system, and all.
If you can give me any more information that would help.

-What are the strengths and weaknesses of the forms? Why would you want to use one and not another one?
-Each form would have different specials, but you don't have many listed- I can come up with some but if you have any to add that would help.
-Names for things. Forms, specials, dragons, etc

Stuff like that.
The main stats you'd need to worry about are attack, defense, HP, movement speed, hand size, and SP.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:10 pm

well the so called forms are not actually forms but just 3 different characters I would want to use since I see many people getting confused with that
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Hearts
Grade : 7875
Charm : -221

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/firesword219

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:17 pm

oh

Which one should I do first then?

The fist one is probably the easiest cause there are some specials listed
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Well I would rather like to use my Shissen Karihadi first if you don't mind. Plus I got an Idea for the specials for it, each one of my specials will just empower me with a different element from a dragon.

Lightning
Fire
Earth
Metal
Water

So I'll just have regular attacks but my specials just give me an attack bonus and an added effect for a little while. What do you think?
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:12 pm

I c

That sounds fine

Also
The three linked stats (If one is high, the others are lower)
Which are highest for ya
Attack, Defense, or HP?

Wait a minute what do you even fight with
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:40 pm

I fight with nun chucks for this character so I'm not sure what I would be better in
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Nunchucks don't sound like they'd be great for defense...

How about low defense, slightly increased attack power, and extra HP?
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:12 pm

sure that sounds fine to me
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:26 pm

k

Will make character once I feel like it

(Shouldn't be too long...really!)
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toriko Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 pm

*starts to bet how long it will take*
Toriko
Toriko
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:52 pm

I'd be a joke character. I'd fight with a giant pencil sword and a frying pan shield.

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5867
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Kiryn wrote:I'd be a joke character. I'd fight with a giant pencil sword and a frying pan shield.
Yes
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:47 pm

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT MOFO!!

Character - Jax
Age - 17
Weapon(s) - Knucks, Rollerblades, Electricity. (Knife)
Fighting type- Speed. Unpredictability.
Description - A youth addicted to music. He is easygoing, lazy, and doesn't like to exert much energy, so he mastered the use of rollerblades to transport himself place to place. He is almost never seen without either headphones or skates. Though he is weird, nobody seems to make fun of him...
Outfit - Baggy, dark purple cargos, with dark green linings. Long sleeve black shirt with a purple star(centered) with a green star rotated 45 degrees over it. A dark green sleeveless hoodie with dark purple linings. Black fingerless gloves with steel knubs on the knuckles. They are lined with conductive material. 2 in thick black metal wristbands. Skates color ??? Black headphones, similar to Yoh from Shaman King (google him. Too lazy to add pics on my phone.).

Drive - Lightining: Use currents of electricity to stun enemies or amplify attacks.  Ex.  Electric punches that cause enemies to spasm, giving an effect similar to Jin (unlike Jin, Jax's stun can be escaped by rapidly pressing buttons and/or moving directions. Also, once stunned, there is a period of time where you are immune to stun, even in a seperate combo).  Ex2.  Super accelerating the skates to propel into enemies. Ex3. Pressing Drive at the right tine during certain kicks will cause added damage/hits.

Moves:
E-He! - QCF Drive. Jax does a low kick similar to Michael Jackson. Sends an electric demon fang across the ground.
Sander - HCB. Command Grab. Take the enemy's arms and plant your legs into his/her chest, then accelerate the skates.
High Time - Shoryuken. Jax rapid spinning flip in the air.
Electric Sliiiide - QCB. Jax grinds at high speeds on rails of electricity he throws out. Usable on ground and air. Aerial version goes down at a 55 degree angle. Distance based on button pressed.
Kick it - QCF. Setup move. Jax puts his hands on his headphones and dances while skating forward and a walking pace. Doing this allows Jax to lead into several other moves based on button and direction inputs.
  - Split - Jax spins, then does a split. (Low hit) Pressing Drive at the right time to spins his skates for added damage/hits.
  - Snazzy Snap - Jax spins, kneels and snaps at a 45 degree angle. (High hit)
  - Tempest - Jax spins, surrounded by electricity. (Mid hit) Shocks the enemy. 
  - Grindin' - Jax grinds on rails of electricity to get behind the enemy (just a medium distance). Grants short invincibility. Short recovery time.
  - Ya like that? - Taunt during Kick It. Jax throws his headphones at the foe. If not blocked, the foe gets dizzy and one of Jax's friends throws a stereo on screen. Jax AND the foe will do a dance (dances may vary between characters). This takes a full 8 seconds off the battle timer, unless the foe Bursts. When finished, the friend runs and snatches up the stereo and throws Jax headphones. The total taunt is 12 seconds long. On block, Jax holds his hand up and another set of headphones is thrown to him.

Supers:
Check It! - QCF x2. Use during Kick It (can be linked after any Kick It move).   Uses all Kick It moves (minus taunt) a few more hits, and ends with breakdancing (windmilling and spinning on his head).
"Die" - Puts his hands on his headphones for two seconds (looks like Kick It's start up). If hit during this time, he will let out a yell and an electric burst. His headphones will fly off and he will whip both his arms downward to make knives come out of his sleeves. All punching attacks will do added damage/have increased range, kicks will automatically have the electric effect, and Jax's speed will increase. Some move animations change.
  - Storm - Usable only after "Die." Jax dashes to the foe and attacks with a flurry of electric knife slashes. Ends with a downwards slash, bringing down a large lightining bolt.
Disco Ball - Jax gathers electricity and slams his fists together, creating a medium sized sphere (shiny and colorful) that surrounds him for a few seconds. Does constant damage on contact.

Other:
Jax's neutral pose is a little dance in place.
The longer Jax dashes, the faster he gets.
One entrance is him skating up slowly with some friends. He then shoos them off after seeing the foe.
Another entrance he dances while skating until he bumps into the opponent.
Ending, you see zigzag lines around his stomach, then he quickly skates off mumbling about hunger.
When he does his fighting taunt, the BGM changes to an altered version of Jax's theme.
Jax's music is techo, laid-back rap, or a mix.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next