Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redwall Abbey is Under Attack (featuring Sora's wacky adventures)

Go down

Redwall Abbey is Under Attack (featuring Sora's wacky adventures) Empty Redwall Abbey is Under Attack (featuring Sora's wacky adventures)

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:12 am

Welcome to die

Yeah, I used footage from every world.
Every. World.

No fuck you Hundred Acre Wood IS in it
The first 16 seconds are from the Hundred Acre Wood clip
So HA
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12685
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Redwall Abbey is Under Attack (featuring Sora's wacky adventures) Empty Re: Redwall Abbey is Under Attack (featuring Sora's wacky adventures)

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 pm

DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY

Looking back on it, I'm proud of this one.
It's a good length at 5 minutes 21 seconds, but it doesn't drag on like Antonio's Licence did sometimes.

My original idea was to use only Kingdom Hearts footage for as long as possible. You can see how well that went (Just look at the Network Transmission credits sequence, enough said), but I like the effect it created where, like I was trying to do with Antonio's Licence, it started off... well, not slow...
Okay so it gradually got more varied and epic.
You can tell I was trying to use only KH footage for a while. It started to slip gradually (using non-KH music clips), and finally went all to hell at Wonderland. And of course, the credits sequence had almost no KH parts at all.

PARTS THAT DID NOT GO SO WELL:
-Ursula's laugh at the beginning. I was too lazy to re-edit the sound. SHAMEFUL
-Whenever there are a lot of sound clips alongside fast paced video edits, the sound can skip, like it did with "Olympus Coliseum". I HATE THAT
-"Aladdin's line "How about making me / a guy like me". This was an attempt to segway into Gemini Man (whose theme plays over Ansem right after), but I don't think it sounded good enough, and wasn't the best connection with Gemini Man. Fortunately, Gemini Ansem was awesome and helped make up for this.
-Gemini Ansem was timed wrong. ffffffffffffffffffffff
-The usage of the beginning of "Blood Stream". My intent was to trick the watcher into thinking I was about to set a montage to a terrible Bill Nye music video (like I did with Antonio's License), and for that purpose it was set up well. But then I gave up on doing the whole video, so its overall impact was reduced. It would have been more epic if it had preceded a full-length music video.
-Litchi calling for Tao is too loud. I have to catch these things.

PARTS THAT WERE AWESOME:
-"Yeah, he got chomped!" Damn that's an awesome picture. Made more awesome with the seamless transition from Gepetto. My only regret is that Oogie isn't visible in that scene.
-Although the UP3 packs the most punch for people who've played Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, all the cutscenes from that game are 100% amazing (read: terrible). I can see myself making a whole YTP with that game.
-I didn't notice it before, but Nel from a distance and Kairi look very similar. WHAT
-The Mega Man: Network Transmission credits music sequence.
-That close up on the diver at the end (it might be Bill Nye himself) went...a little too well.
-YES I FINALLY HAVE THE ENDING IMAGE OF TEACH ME MISS LITCHI YESSSSSSSSS
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12685
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down