Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hate Thread (WARNING: Do Not Read This)

+15
Grunge Hamster
usogami
danger
Kallen Kozuki
Creeping Shadow
Emerald Jealousy
Turret Slayer!!!
Tatsuya
Fondos Aquila
Toriko
Rozencrutz
Rise: The Game
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
The Universe
SHSL Gang Leader
19 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Hate Thread (WARNING: Do Not Read This) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Hate Thread (WARNING: Do Not Read This)

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Dark Catbread wrote:I. Fucking. Hate. Blazblue.
Fucking hate it man

So I start up the online mode and proceed to lose over and over and over and over again.
Often because of stupid mistakes like getting easy combinations wrong.
Or by being repeatedly combo'd and unable to do anything...
Or with an gigantic special attack (see: Tager)...
Or worst of all, at the end of a close match. I lose a lot of close matches, but I don't appear to win any. Yeah but I can handle a few losses, right? Yeah, I can...for the most part.
I already hate losing. But it happens, and it's easy to get over it.
Getting over a big string of losses like the ones described above?
Not as much.It pretty much destroys me completely. And then I am depressed and drained of all energy for the rest of the day.This is a character flaw and not much can be done about it...but who could put up with all that on a regular basis?

I'm the same way.

Also, once I start playing it, I am unable to stop. That's partly because the game is so good, but mostly because even the slightest win will completely revitalize me (It feels like I'm actually starved of winning, if that's possible).
So then I keep playing, and will continue until the gap between wins gets too wide and my spirit is crushed.
Ever hear me ranting about how I play Blaz from 8pm to 4am, with intentions to stop at 11:30pm?

I spent a long time practicing using a Distortion in the opposite direction from how it's usually done (IT'S JUST TWO QUARTER CIRCLES COME ON).
I could never pull it off consistently.
And it still doesn't work during fights...
If I can't even do quarter circles correctly then how the hell am I supposed to do anything harder than that?
You've probably heard about how Eric keeps me on the right side of the screen when I am Bang so I can't use Hammer of Justice.

Right now I can hear a loud voice in my head going "ALL RIGHT PULL UP THE DUSTLOOP FORUMS AND START TRAINING MODE WE'RE GOING TO PRACTICE COMBOS COME ON DO IT RIGHT NOW HURRY UP"
Dustloop combos are just going to end with your frustration and depression peaking. I've tried them, and all they do is make me feel incompetent. If you do ANYTHING with Dustloop, just watch the "high level" fights they have posted in your character's video section for some ideas on how to handle situations. But keep in mind, High level players do NOT play the same as us casuals. They're a lot more cautious, while people we play with are gonig to be a bit more on the attack.

Katz, I will TRAIN you in this game. I don't main tao, but I've fought enough to know what annoys the fuck out of me. Just tell me whenever you want to, and I'll help when available. I have the EXACT same problem you do, except I'll figure out something super awesome, win a few matches online and then proceed to be raped by everyone. My BIGGEST problem is that I grudge people. I'll fight someone like tager with arakune and feel I have the upper hand, then get completely destroyed. And I'll become filled with rage. And I will find that person. And fight them again to redeem myself. And lose. and then find them AGAIN. and lose. AGAIN. And they send me a message saying "lol you're not gonna win". And I keep fighting until I DO win. But then I'll fight them more to try and make up for my losses, but I'll just lose more and more and more. I know your pain. But don't give up. Take breaks. That's what I do. It's almost guarunteed that if you lose a few matches and get upset, then you're going to lose a lot more matches. I know that, I've lost matches for 4 hours straight on multiple occasions, texting Eric in the middle of the night talking about how much I train and train and it's so goddamn annoying that I can't win.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7403
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

The Hate Thread (WARNING: Do Not Read This) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Hate Thread (WARNING: Do Not Read This)

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:17 pm

YES well uh

okay

Bishop, desu. wrote:Ever hear me ranting
Bishop, desu. wrote:You've probably heard about
uh actually no
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12708
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Oh, it was probably early, and you usually aren't on early.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 am

YES for some reason it doesn't feel bad to lose anymore
I am now able to play the online mode without wanting to cut off all my fingers and then eat them!
Okay so I still lose every match BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT
I AM FILLED WITH CONFIDENCE IN MY ABILITY TO WITHSTAND AN AMOUNT OF LOSSES THAT WOULD SLAY LESSER MEN/WOMEN
SO IT'S TIME TO TRAIN LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Coming this winter...

They said it was impossible
That he should have given up long ago
But that didn't stop him

Starring Catbread as himself
in the motion picture event of the week:

THE QUEST TO BECOME BARELY COMPETENT

Spoiler:

You know I'm probably the best opponent who ever lived

I lose all the time (frequently after very close battles), I never disconnect during matches, I never skip my rivals' victory poses, and I will fight absolutely anyone (Level 124 Ragna? BRING IT ON I GOT THIS) regardless of how many times they've already beat me - with no intent to get revenge (You're going to get bored of killing me soon Ragna and then I will take your food while you aren't looking)

im pro
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:01 am

That an interesting logic viewpoint to take.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12490
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 am

Nice to hear cat.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29941
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Creeping Shadow Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 am

Dont give up!
Creeping Shadow
Creeping Shadow
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5904
Charm : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:03 am

I stopped feeling bad about losing the moment I started using Noel. I didn't win a single match but I felt fine, good even.

I'm facepalming really hard right now this had better not mean what I think it does
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:43 am

U LIKE NOEL DUN DUN DUN
YOU HAVE BEEN INFECTED.

"2 WEEKS AFTER INFECTION"

Catbread: *mashing Drive*
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:03 pm

Well uh that's actually worse than what I was thinking.

YUO WIN

I think it's the other way around
As in, the reason I was getting so depressed after only 2-4 matches
Is not because I was losing
But because I was losing as Tao.

Which is bad but also good. Cause then I'd have isolated the source of the problem, and everything in the above rant would be negated

It might be for some other reason like mood swings or ghosts or something, but...I'd put the odds of this being the case at about 80%
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 am

Cat you lose a lot when your learning to fight people, best to stick with the character you want to be good as. Rozen had a horrible day yesterday in Blaz, 5 wins out of 15 games but toward the end he started kicking butt course he didn't warm up in practice he just jumped in.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8739
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:57 am

5 wins out of 15 sounds great what are you talking about

You're right about the character thing though. But if playing as Tao actually messes me up then I just have to switch out sometimes, is all
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:59 am

5 wins out of 15 is odd for him when hes playing Hakumen or Litchi.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8739
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:42 am

It just depends on how adept you are. Against my friends and SOME on ranked, Im POSITIVE that I can win at least 3 times before losing 15 times in a row and shutting down with:

Carl
Rachel
Jin
Ragna
Noel
Tager
Tao
Bang

It IS true that you lose a bit of your touch when trying to learn other characters, but that depends on how crazily you've trained with characters. I've gotten every single move, and properties and what moves CAN link into whatever move I use of carl's down pat. I just need to improve more on my timing of things. I can go a full month without playing carl and still remember everything about him (I should probably do this, since I REALLY REALLY REAAAALLLLYYYYY wanna learn bang and arakune)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:29 am

I hate Ellis.

HE NEEDS TO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

That is all.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:30 am

"Okay."
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21678
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 am

Lolz. While im talking about hatred:

I HATE HAVING HAPPY DREAMS.

Its the greatest thing ever and life rocks! And then you wake up, and you realize that you have NONE of it, and your life actually sucks donkey ball sacks. Then rage,anger,depression and destruction ensues
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:37 am

Pokenovice Masu wrote:I hate Ellis.

That is all.

Ohkei

Edit: DAMMIT ALL. Lyle beat me. Stupid phone
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 am

Pokemaster Desu wrote:
Pokenovice Masu wrote:I hate Ellis.

That is all.

Ohkei

Edit: DAMMIT ALL. Lyle beat me. Stupid phone

Hahahaha. Sorry dawg.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 am

Great minds think alike.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Shipper fans who completely break characters from their established personalities because they think it's hot. *(&$#@*IT THAT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT CHARACTER WOULD DO. EVER.

Also, fans who ignore the fact that characters are evil or have serious things wrong with them because they think they're hot. SEPHIROTH WOULD KILL YOU AS SOON AS LOOK AT YOU. DRACO MALFOY IS A DICK TO SAY THE LEAST. EDWARD CULLEN IS A SEXIST FRICKIN STALKER.

Still on the fan rant, those who ignore what's going on in a situation to squee over a character's hotness. "OH GOOD LORD GET THAT MAN AN AMBULANCE" "oi, he has abs!" "WHAT THE &**^ IS WRONG WITH YOU STAB WOUNDS AND THIRD DEGREE BURNS oh gosh AMBULANCE" "...he's hot!"

And tying up the fanrant, fans who just act like idiots about things in general.

On a lighter note, crappy school food, because it's terrible.

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5883
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by usogami Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:02 pm

i hate caralmelldansen.

its a stupid song that is over done/ over used. and the videos are stupid. and this supposed "official " video (which i dont believe, but hey, this was what i heard)

... evil...

a person's spine should not be able to bend that way..... ever...... (and if u say it can, show me proof of a person doing thia and i will point out all flaws in ur said proof) and... their mouthes should not be open.... for the entire video...

also, the song itself is just... ok... i dont mind happy songs (like waka laka), but..... this one song... i just despise.
rant done... for now.....
usogami
usogami
God General
God General

Grade : 6096
Charm : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Point: The spine is *almost* capable of doing that... though having girl-hips helps. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBOLFl0qlY (That'n's actually got a funny concept, they went around school and got people to Caramelldansen.) It is annoying, though.

Continuing...
I hate how I can't understand this math homework. Up until, oh, this semester, math all made so much sense, and I looked at people who declared math "icky" with disdain (not the ones who didn't understand, but the ones who refused to.) Now I have this insane course, and I don't understand any of it... I feel so useless.

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:40 pm

What kind of Math is it? Perhaps I can help. I'm usually good with Math.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:47 pm

It's like logic and proofs and crap. I have induction coming out my ears. Also set-counting and combinatorics (and bears oh my).
I've already got a bunch of people attempting to help here, and I'm probably going to the TA next.

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next