Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Video Game Soundtrack Planning/Discussion topic

3 posters

Go down

The Ultimate Video Game Soundtrack Planning/Discussion topic Empty The Ultimate Video Game Soundtrack Planning/Discussion topic

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:05 pm

Ok we all already knwo the gist of it-Make a sexy soundtrack. Here we will discuss just HOW MANY of types of songs we need like:

-Town
-Dungeon
-Battle
-Event
-System (title screen options credits etc)
-Character themes.

Lets assume this is a full fledged RPG, and is 3-4 discs long.(the ost not the game) If this whole thing works out, we MAY make an RP that will use this soundtrack, if so, you will need to add a character theme for yourself. Post all actual links to music suggestions in catbread's topic. And uh.........DISCUSS STUFF HERE. I say we could have about:

15 town themes
20 dungeon themes
15 battle themes (victory themes/game over NOT included)
25 event themes
1 theme for each character,unless they intend to have an "alternate version" like if they go evil or die or have a sad version
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 30053
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Video Game Soundtrack Planning/Discussion topic Empty Re: The Ultimate Video Game Soundtrack Planning/Discussion topic

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:15 pm

York wrote:HOW MANY of types of songs we need
I think it depends on how many suggestions we get/ideas we have.
As long as we don't have too many or too few of a specific type we need (too many battle themes, not enough town themes, etc) the number of em doesn't really matter.
500-1000 songs why the hell not

But I'm wondering, what should the "standards" be exactly? How do we pick what actually gets in and stays out? I was going to just put all suggestions in for now, but that might be bad...

How about...all suggestions go in automatically, and if there's one nobody likes, or should be replaced, there can be a vote in this or the suggestions thread on whether to take the song out.
That way we wouldn't have to waste time approving the thousands of incoming suggestions, most of which will be good anyway.
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12820
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Video Game Soundtrack Planning/Discussion topic Empty Re: The Ultimate Video Game Soundtrack Planning/Discussion topic

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:18 pm

The Defender of Justice wrote:
York wrote:HOW MANY of types of songs we need
I think it depends on how many suggestions we get/ideas we have.
As long as we don't have too many or too few of a specific type we need (too many battle themes, not enough town themes, etc) the number of em doesn't really matter.
500-1000 songs why the hell not

But I'm wondering, what should the "standards" be exactly? How do we pick what actually gets in and stays out? I was going to just put all suggestions in for now, but that might be bad...

How about...all suggestions go in automatically, and if there's one nobody likes, or should be replaced, there can be a vote in this or the suggestions thread on whether to take the song out.
That way we wouldn't have to waste time approving the thousands of incoming suggestions, most of which will be good anyway.
Good idea.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 30053
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:41 am

I think we should take MY ideas and look at them.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7515
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:49 pm

what are they
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:45 pm

Put them in the actual topic
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7515
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:47 am

Do you mean that you put them in the actual topic?

If so I did look at them and will be adding them just as soon as I can pay attention to something for more than a minute

It might be a few weeks
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down