Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mufasa accounts: The Answer

4 posters

Go down

Mufasa accounts: The Answer Empty Mufasa accounts: The Answer

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Opening scene: Yukari's being a bitch. Fuuka's trying to get her to be not such a bitch. Akihiko is trying to fill Shinjiro's shoes by being the aloof one.

Nice to see an actual conversation in the Velvet room though. And I'm hoping that Orpheus is stronger in this than he was in the Journey. It'd be kinda bad if I started at level 25 with only Agi, bash, and some half-baked crap stat booster thing. I would have rather had Athena.

And what moron decided that you were likely to have ended the game at level 25? Can't we at least get to 40, so you can summon some of the good personas? And does this mean I have to get all 99% of the compendium ALL over again? Geeze...What a drag.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21672
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Mufasa accounts: The Answer Empty Re: Mufasa accounts: The Answer

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 am

Alright. I didn't want to double post, but this is something that has to be made clear.

When I first saw the message: 'The combat has been enhanced! Enjoy the new difficulty!' I immediately started to worry. That message is a very big flag for me. It's fine and dandy if you want to make your game harder, but bragging about it is what worries me.

See, let me use two examples from the Persona 3 game:

The Reaper was a HARD boss fight. He had very high resistance, high leathiality, and was certainly not to be fucked around with. He was hard, and the rewards were great.
^THAT is an example of how things should be done. I had fun fighting the reaper even when I lost against him. And all the struggling to kill the bastard made killing him all the sweeter. Even now when I can take him on on my own and never have to use any SP except to heal maybe once, it's fun to fight him. It's genuine FUN.

Now let's move onto Nyx. Nyx was not hard. Nyx was just annoying. You had to kill him 12 times before actually fighting the actual boss battle. It was just a big pain in the ass. Later on in the match, he would use a skill to do damage to everyone, and then charm a few of them. Thus resulting in one of your companions healing him fully, and you have to do it all over again, even when you were maybe 3 hits away from killing his ass.
^That is the wrong way to do it. It's not a challenge, it's not fun, it's just one big pain in the ass.

The reason I mention this, is because the beginning of the Answer feels like fighting Nyx. All your party members loose everything useful they had, Aigis gets Orpheus who, as of late, has been proving to me more and more that he's a useless piece of junk and far inferior to her previous persona, the enemies use cheap tactics, and they give terribly low EXP.

All in all, making a game harder is fine. However, you have to remember that people are playing games to have FUN. And no one is having fun getting killed by the same weak-ass enemy 4 times in a row, after putting in all that effort in the playthrough of 'The journey' to get your characters to where they are, just to lose all of it.

Seriously. By the end of my second playthrough, I got Akihiko to level 97. No joke. Now a month later and the guy is at level 25? Thanks to the Monad block, I think he skipped 25 before and just jumped from 12 to 40. Or something like that.

In short: The Answer is not having a good effect on me.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:57 am

Answer is a grind fest :/
the ONLY reason im playing it is to just see the end of the story.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29935
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:46 am

I really didn't like the answer, even after I kinda got the story going its just chasing Shadow Minato, just to have him copy your Personas and kill you with them, boss wise he's annoying. Also you'll love the final boss its on the level of annoyance as Nyx. Basically its fanservice for Aigis fans XD.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8733
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 am

That's what I'm figuring. As much as I liked Aigis, she was no better than any of the other characters.

I would have much preferred a Shinjiro mode. Where it's just you, as Shinji, running around hell trying to find Minato and bring him back to life.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Mufasa Stiggs wrote:That's what I'm figuring. As much as I liked Aigis, she was no better than any of the other characters.

I would have much preferred a Shinjiro mode. Where it's just you, as Shinji, running around hell trying to find Minato and bring him back to life.
Why would minato be in hell???
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Well, that would be the reason Shinji has to save him.
Plus Death=Evil. I guess.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:04 am

UPDATE:
Well, I'm glad to find out that I don't have to work my ass of to get the compendium up to 99% again, mainly because there ISN'T a compendium in the Answer.

So, knowing THAT, along with my almost certainty that none of your gained power will transfer over to a new playthrough of the Answer (Like with The Journey) makes me certain that no matter what happens in this game, unless there's a drastic shift in storyline, and there's at least 2 scenes where all the girls lose their clothes and in at least one of them Mitsuru and Yukari make out, then I will NEVER play this game again.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY would have liked the Answer to be good. But so far, it's nothing but a grindfest extravvaganza, with absolutely no reward except some kind lame attempt at making people feel at peace with how Minato was totally ripped off out of his life.

Of course. The guy doesn't come back to life at all, so there's really no fucking point.
Also, where are all those Slinks that fell in love with Minato? I'm pretty sure if Chihiro knew that Minato died, she'd either kill herself, or travel to the very depths to find him all on her own. And, she would probably have succedded too.

In fact, let's do that. Have all of the Slinks from the previous game gain personas, and then send a fucking army of persona users to beat the shit out of whatever is keeping Minato dead, and then bring the fucker back to life.

In other news, I've pretty much confirmed to myself that Orpheus is a piece of shit. I'm using a level 19 Ares, and it's way better than Orpheus.

AND DON'T FUCKING CALL ME SISTER METIS. YOU ANNOYING PIECE OF TRASH.

And Aigis has the accuracy of a retarded pregnant woman overdosed on morphene.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:20 pm

I just grinded for 4 hours. I swear to god, if i STILL cant beat this boss, then [kiba] I QUIT THIS ONE FOREVER[/kiba]
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 pm

God I swear I hated this extra mode, all it is is fanservice and semi to do with how the P4 shadows exist, but its not that big a deal, also *spoiler*, best boss ever, Final Boss worst than Nyx is so many ways.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12484
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:54 am

Ok. The whole key scene i showed lyle yesterday made all my writhing in pain worth it. Cuz now I get to kick the fuckin shit out of yukari. And im gonna enjoy it so much, ive already made a separate save so i can fuck her up anytime i feel like it. Bad day at school? Kick yukari's ass. Drunk? Kick yukari's ass. ANYTIME OF THE DAY I WILL KILL THIS BITCH heart heart heart heart

Rape Face
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:20 am

So..I guess despite your hatred for her, in a way, you love Yukari.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Yup. Yukari is bangin hot, id tear that up in a heartbeat if given the chance. Shes still a stupid bitch who needs a few teeth knocked out though. Or a black eye. or a "******** *** ********"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content