Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

Post by Kilvas Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Pokemaster Desu wrote:He wouldn't. But dig/fly/dive are generally bad options in competitive...
Oh, really? Cool.
And not necessarily, In doubles, if given to the right Pokemon, they can be used pretty well. Well maybe not Fly cuz of accuracy...

Oh, and I finally cleaned my boxes and got them in order. So I can start training today. What's the best lv to start EV training? Should the Pokemon be fully evolved?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17843
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:49 pm

PokeTrainer Kilvas wrote:
Pokemaster Desu wrote:He wouldn't. But dig/fly/dive are generally bad options in competitive...
Oh, really? Cool.
And not necessarily, In doubles, if given to the right Pokemon, they can be used pretty well. Well maybe not Fly cuz of accuracy...

Oh, and I finally cleaned my boxes and got them in order. So I can start training today. What's the best lv to start EV training? Should the Pokemon be fully evolved?

Oh yeah, doubles. Sorry, my entire mindset works in Singles automatically.

EV training begins whenever you want. However, you'll want to start with a pokemon that hasn't been used before, also know as a UT(untouched) pokemon. btw, having a UT pokemon is usually vital for the trading process online.

Level and Evolution do not affect your EVs. Basically all level and evolutions provide you with are moves. Most of the pokemon I use are in their 20's-60's, simply because those are the levels they learn such and such move. Online it doesn't matter thanks to the lvl 100 battle.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7403
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Lol.
K, Arigato Desu-sensei.

And I end up training everything to 100 anyway, that's always how I've trained them. They don't seem complete until they're lvl 100. Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Heh, that'll be fun. I prefer them around lvl 50 mahself. That way, I can tell what they're EVd in, and kinda figure out their IVs.

Also, do note that when your Pokemon are lvl 100, it's near impossible to re-EV them.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Pokemaster Desu wrote:Heh, that'll be fun. I prefer them around lvl 50 mahself. That way, I can tell what they're EVd in, and kinda figure out their IVs.

Also, do note that when your Pokemon are lvl 100, it's near impossible to re-EV them.
Indeed, I figured. But they'll all probably be done with EVs by that point.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:39 pm

But, should you make a mistake or want to change the EVs, and then you can't.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Pokemaster Desu wrote:But, should you make a mistake or want to change the EVs, and then you can't.
I guess I'll just have to be careful then.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:45 pm

New pokymanz.

Empoleon
Spoiler:

Umbreon
Spoiler:
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Ok, after some digging through my boxes. I decided to start EV training something I already had breeded. A Ralts/Gardevoir.

But I dunno what to give it. I want to be different than my other two. I'm not sure whether to make it an attacker or supporter. But so far, this is all I have:

Gardevoir:
Bold

Phychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam?
Calm Mind?
Focus Blast?

Or:

Phychic
Memento
Reflect?
Light screen?
Hypnosis?

Any suggestions?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:30 pm

PokeTrainer Kilvas wrote:Ok, after some digging through my boxes. I decided to start EV training something I already had breeded. A Ralts/Gardevoir.

But I dunno what to give it. I want to be different than my other two. I'm not sure whether to make it an attacker or supporter. But so far, this is all I have:

Gardevoir:
Bold

Phychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam?
Calm Mind?
Focus Blast?

Or:

Phychic
Memento
Reflect?
Light screen?
Hypnosis?

Any suggestions?

I definitely suggest a supported. It does have a Bold Nature, and I tend to base the sets of my Pokemon around their nature. However, I would suggest you look for a Calm one, since putting Defense into it is kind of a waste.

Anyways, as a Support I would suggest max HP, 100 SpDef(or 10 SpDef Vitamins) and the rest into Speed.
Moves:
Psychic
Hypnosis
Light Screen
Reflect
Item: Light Clay
This is a good screener, since it can use hypnosis to put enemies to sleep, letting you easily set-up the screens and go on your way. Psychic for an attack.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm gonna stick with bold since it's already breeded. But ok, I'll go with that. Thanks.

Time to start EV training.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:43 pm

PokeTrainer Kilvas wrote:I'm gonna stick with bold since it's already breeded. But ok, I'll go with that. Thanks.

Time to start EV training.
K.

Also, latest Pokeproject
Dusknoir
Spoiler:
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Hmm, IMO, I think Dusknoir's make better supporters. Though they do have a nice attacking move-pool. Mine has, Curse, Skill swap, Shadow Sneak&Punch. I use Curse/Sitrus berry. And Skill swap cuz doubles. I really like to use it if my partner has Intimidate. Lol. And it`s fun to use for other situations. But that's just Doubles-talk.
If I had a Singles-Dusknoir: Confuse Ray, Curse, Pain Split, and maybe Shadow Sneak. Kinda like Umbreon in a sense.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Yeah, but I've got enough supporters atm. Need more attackers. I'll probably make another one that's mainly Support. But all sets should have Will-o-Wisp, because it cripples Physical attackers and works like poison. Curse takes away from it's tanking ability's though, so I wouldn't recommend that on a defensive pokemon(look at it's stat pool. HUGE defenses)
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:25 pm

True, I've just always have been leery of Wil-o-wisp cuz of it's accuracy.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Persian:

Timid for Maximum speed. Wont be using any atk. so -atk is fine.

Technician ability required

Nasty Plot
Swift or Fake out
Water Pulse or HIdden Power Fighting
Substitue or U-turn

Technician will up Swift/Fake out/Water Pulse to 90 atk. Combined with persian's jesus speed, use nasty plot to turn his Spatk into rape sauce, and use substitue to avoid dmg.
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29941
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Pokemaster Desu wrote:Persian can't learn confuse ray.

Persian's Atk is only 10 points higher than SpAtk, but IT LEARNS NASTY PLOT(swords dance for special attack).
New Moveset:
Nasty Plot
Swift
Dark Pulse/Water Pulse
Shockwave
EVs: Speed + SpAtk
Combined with Technician, this is an awesome set. Shockwave never misses AND is 90 power. Water pulse also goes to 90 power. Swift, which unfortunately has to be learned from a tutor, is 135 power when your factor in STAB and Technician.

Persian:

Timid for Maximum speed. Wont be using any atk. so -atk is fine.

Technician ability required

Nasty Plot
Swift or Fake out
Water Pulse or HIdden Power Fighting
Substitue or U-turn

Technician will up Swift/Fake out/Water Pulse to 90 atk. Combined with persian's jesus speed, use nasty plot to turn his Spatk into rape sauce, and use substitue to avoid dmg.

Sometimes it helps to read the posts I make in this topic. It's not just about my sets, I also help you make sets.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Finished with Dusknoir. Decided to replace Brick Break with Focus Punch for some extra OOMPH, along with the ability to destroy stalling/healing pokemon like Umbreon/Blissey and Set-up Pokemon like Dragon Dance Tyranitar and Curselax.

New project that I decided to work on because I realized a pokemon that a friend had traded me as fodder had a good nature, as well as some decent stats.

Manectric
Spoiler:
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 pm

If this Dusknoir is for Singles, Is Focus Punch really such a good idea? Unless you have Substitute. But I don't really see it pulling off a sucessful Focus Punch without it in Singles. =x

And the Manectric seems nice enough. Though, I never really understood Hidden Power. How do you know what type you're gonna get? Can you change it, and how?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah, Focus Punch is a risky move, but it works well with some good prediction. It's great for hitting something switching in hard, and really helps in stall wars against pokemon like Skarmory or Blissey, who will spend time healing(and because of it's abyssmal speed, Dusknoir is almost guaranteed to hit Skarm after Roost, making it a super effective Punch-o-Death.

And I just went and tested my Hidden Power on wild pokemon. I tried several types that weren't steel, and it was neutral. However, Hidden Power is determined by your IVs. Your pokemon's Hidden Power type will never change.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Ohhh, I always thought Hidden power was determined my the pokemon's stats ATM or something...D:
Cool, I should probably use hidden power more often now.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:07 pm

I usually just use it for filler. Unfortunately, you can't know the actual Base Power of your Hidden Power for a Pokemon you trained unless you know the EVs you put in. You shouldn't have a problem though, if most of the pokemon you have are just pumped on Vitamins.

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml
^That will let you know you're pokemon's Hidden Power, along with it's IVs
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:10 pm

K, cool.

And DAMMIT WHY DO I KEEP FORGETTING TO CHECK SEREBII FOR STUFF?? I CHECK THE UPDATES EVERY MORNING. HOW DO I FORGET ABOUT IT AAAUUGH. *headdesk*
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Also, the newest additions to my team and the Pokemon I'm currently working on.

Uxie
Spoiler:

Regice
Spoiler:

Now the ones I'm working on are...
Infernape
Spoiler:

Floatzel #2
Spoiler:

Azelf the Annoyer
Spoiler:

Arcanine
Spoiler:
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:52 am

hey how do i raise a Starly?
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29941
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next