Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles. - Page 4 Empty Re: Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Luckily enough, i have that!
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7403
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles. - Page 4 Empty Re: Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

Post by Kilvas Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Real Megafuckingbuster wrote:Luckily enough, i have that!
Yayz! Cool, Thanks. I'll take that then. :3
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17843
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:42 am

I need help making a team.

My main issue, is type ballance. I've noticed i'll make teams with like, 2-4 pokes weak against the same type. This of course will get me utterly raped in any online battle. I know for sure i want my main team to have Espeon and Umbreon. Possibly a togekiss. If I threw in a vaporeon for a team tank, what other two types should I try to have covreed?
Rise: The Game
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29941
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:50 am

You'll need a Ground Type, or something to take electric hits, so Jolteon could do. Also, Gliscor could do really well there as well, with very good defensive stats and immunities to Electric and Ground type moves that are so common. Also, he can take fighting hits directed at Umbreon with good defenses and resistance. Other than that, I would think you'd want a support pokemon, but what to put there is hard. You'll definitely want Stealth Rocks, So Gliscor could handle that. Ninetails could work, maybe. Hypnosis and Nasty Plot are hard to take down, and he gives you a good SpDef to work with, and resists Grass, which Vaporeon doesn't like. Vaporeon can cover surfs thrown at Ninetails, and Gliscor can take the Earthquakes/Stone Edges.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 am

Roight. Besides stealth rock what should I be teaching gliscor?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 am

Generic Random Insult wrote:I need help making a team.

My main issue, is type ballance. I've noticed i'll make teams with like, 2-4 pokes weak against the same type. This of course will get me utterly raped in any online battle. I know for sure i want my main team to have Espeon and Umbreon. Possibly a togekiss. If I threw in a vaporeon for a team tank, what other two types should I try to have covreed?
Well, let's see...you have a:
Phychic, Dark, Flying, Normal, Water. I would try to have a Fighting or Ground. And Electric.
So you'd be super against: Fighting, Phychic, Ghost, Grass, Bug, Fire, Ground, Water, Flying, Ice, Steel, Dark, Electric, Normal, Rock, Poison, And if you give Vaporeon Ice Beam, That'd cover most Dragons. So that'd be everything. But it really depends what movesets they have too.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:07 am

Gliscor, i would Suggest SR, EQ, Rock Slide, Roost. EVs 252 hp, 252 Def, 4 Atk. Impish nature. Leftovers

Ninetails Hypnosis/Nasty Plot/ Flamethrower/Energy Ball. 252 SpAtk/ 252 Speed/ 4 SpDef. make sure your HP is an odd number, so you can survive more SR switch ins. Item should probably be Life orb, for that extra kick.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:11 am

awwroight.

Also kilvas, my vaporeons always have icebeam for flying/dragon coverage since I've played with no lightning through the whole game
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald Jealousy Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:40 am

So guys, I have this event Pichu that I figured I could wreck everything with it.
Emerald Jealousy
Emerald Jealousy
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5822
Charm : -163

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Ok I needz help, I wanna make Konan, Pein and maybe Tobi, Pokemon.
Spoiler:

But I have absolutely no idea what to make them, I was thinking maybe Lapras for Konan, with: Calm? - Surf cuz doubles, Ice beam, maybe protect, and that's all I got. Spinda for Tobi? Lol.

Help plz?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Lapras is good. Surf, Protect, Ice Beemz, Recover? EVd in HP and the defense of your choice.

Spinda... Just have him fuck with people XD. Probably EVd in HP and defense, with 10 Speed roids. Teeter Dance, Protect, Sub, and maybe Return?
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Maka Lover Desu wrote:Lapras is good. Surf, Protect, Ice Beemz, Recover? EVd in HP and the defense of your choice.

Spinda... Just have him fuck with people XD. Probably EVd in HP and defense, with 10 Speed roids. Teeter Dance, Protect, Sub, and maybe Return?
K, I was also kinda thinkin Perish song cuz doubles.

Lol, k. This Spinda's gonna be great. XD

And I was thinking Infernape or Typhosion for Pein, but I dunno. I might just wait for a fifth gen to see if there'll be anything a bit more fitting. Lol.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Typlosion seems to fit.

And yeah, that Spinda is gonna annoy the HELL outta somebody XD
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Mon May 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Pein should be some kind of subber, or maybe a wisher. To bad Arceus doesnt have giant metal rods in his back, though if you squint... I liked Pein. Less annoying than Orochi, and still cool even though he was one of those god-like villains that tend to annoy (cough Aizen cough). But I'm getting off topic.

Anyway I was thinking of redoing my 'beat the game' team from firered and ev training them properly. It's the lineup on my trainer card below. It won't do too well in serious OU battles(I'd have to take out Snorlax for UU), but any tips for movesets and the like?
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10110
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed May 12, 2010 3:06 pm

New Starters and Trainers revealed:
https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/waltm0.png
Starters are apparently:
Grass Snake - Tsutaja
Fire Pig - Pokabu
And Sea Otter - Mijumaru

The Grass looks like a rip off of Treeko to me. And it has arms so it can't technically be a snake..:x
The pig looks alright, though the "Sea otter" doesn't look like a sea otter at all. Dx
Trainers:
https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/2rwqo29.jpg

They are supposedly older than the Trainers of past games.
I personally like the trainers. Especially the girl. Though her shorts are a bit too short IMO..
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed May 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Is it real?
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed May 12, 2010 8:33 pm

When you say older trainers do you mean the way Red/Leaf and Brandon/May are older than Ethan/Lyra and Lucas/Dawn or that they don't star at age 10? Cause those look like Daisy Duke cut jeans.
I know the fanbase for Pokemon includes 18-25 year old nerds who stuck with the series, but along with Dawn's dress/T-shirt it seems kinda ... idk... is it wrong if I noticed something like that?
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed May 12, 2010 8:45 pm

I think it's real, but as Serebii said, there's a SLIGHT chance it's fake.

PokeTrainer RED wrote:When you say older trainers do you mean the way Red/Leaf and Brandon/May are older than Ethan/Lyra and Lucas/Dawn or that they don't star at age 10? Cause those look like Daisy Duke cut jeans.
I know the fanbase for Pokemon includes 18-25 year old nerds who stuck with the series, but along with Dawn's dress/T-shirt it seems kinda ... idk... is it wrong if I noticed something like that?
They probably meant that they don't start at 10. Not too sure what they meant by the age. That just what CoroCoro said.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 pm

man this is gonna complicate stuff. and just when i got into battling. anyway you got any suggestions for the second lead on a doubles trick room team with the first lead as espeon dual screens with trick room and B.pass? i can't think of something that'll cover espeon while it sets up and can function before and after trick room.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed May 12, 2010 10:57 pm

PokeTrainer RED wrote:man this is gonna complicate stuff. and just when i got into battling. anyway you got any suggestions for the second lead on a doubles trick room team with the first lead as espeon dual screens with trick room and B.pass? i can't think of something that'll cover espeon while it sets up and can function before and after trick room.
Hmm...Well you could try Follow Me with Togekiss. That might do the trick.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu May 13, 2010 10:28 am

Hey yeah didn't think of that. Always considered it a lame move but with togekisses defenses it could work. Thanks.
By the way, Hinata=nice, she doesn't get enough lines imo, always overshadowed 'cause of those damn Sakura fans. And wheres Lee dammit?!
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 am

PokeTrainer RED wrote:Hey yeah didn't think of that. Always considered it a lame move but with togekisses defenses it could work. Thanks.
By the way, Hinata=nice, she doesn't get enough lines imo, always overshadowed 'cause of those damn Sakura fans. And wheres Lee dammit?!
You're welcome.

Lol, indeed. I support the bolded statements. xD
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4