Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles. - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 am

Atk and Speed. Brave Bird/Return/Close Combat/U-turn. You could go for Quick Attack instead of U-Turn, or Double Edge instead of Return. Staraptor is actually a really good pokemon btw
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7403
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles. - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokemon Discussion: Movesets, Stat Distributions, and Roles.

Post by Kilvas Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:12 pm

Pokemaster Desu wrote:Atk and Speed. Brave Bird/Return/Close Combat/U-turn. You could go for Quick Attack instead of U-Turn, or Double Edge instead of Return. Staraptor is actually a really good pokemon btw
Or StaRAPEtor, as Zero and I call it.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17843
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Making a change to my Arcanine. Moveset is now Flare Blitz/Extremespeed/Crunch/Reversal. Just cuz I feel like it.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Pokemaster Desu wrote:Making a change to my Arcanine. Moveset is now Flare Blitz/Extremespeed/Crunch/Reversal. Just cuz I feel like it.
Seems fine to me. Kinda skeptical about Reversal though. You could give it Thunder fang for Waters. Or Iron Head/Tail for Rocks.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Maybe Iron Head > Crunch. I plan on using Reversal to take advantage of the recoil from Flare Blitz
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Pokemaster Desu wrote:Maybe Iron Head > Crunch. I plan on using Reversal to take advantage of the recoil from Flare Blitz
Ah, I see. I didn't think of that.

K, so I'm EV training my Jolteon right now. I've given it 10 Speed Steroids, and it has the item. I've killed about 45 Magikarps so far. Just how many do I have to beat? Cuz at 5-17 EXP per kill is gonna be far too tedious.

I also need a recommended Moveset, All I got is Thunderbolt and maybe Hidden Power or Signal beam. Help plz?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:26 pm

You were getting about 5 EVs per Magikarp, so you're definitely done. You might wanna invest in Pokerus though...

Also, for Jolteon it depends on what you want. For attacks Jolteon, I suggest T.Bolt/Shadow Ball definitely. After that it depends on what you want it to do. Sub/Baton Pass works well to protect it from status and gives gives you a free pass if you happened to sub on a switch. Baton Pass is there to give a buddy a free switch in(the Sub will stay and take the damage for them). Also works well for doubles. Or you could op for Wish/Protect to have it support. Other options include Magnet Rise and Charge Beam. Charge Beam is his only way of raising SpAtk, but it's actually good seeing as it's raised to about 75 Power factoring STAB, and it can do some good damage coming from Jolt's good SpAtk, or work as a Finisher. If you go with the Charge Beam, I suggest you have Baton Pass, just to pass the boosts if you need. I'd test for your Hidden Power though, cuz If you get Hidden Power Ice, your Jolteon is gonna be rockin' it.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Yeah, I leveled it up and Spd went up by 19. That good? I also EV trained in SpAtt a bit. I put in Wifi to see it's stats. SpAtt got to 298 and Spd 391. It's much faster and a little bit stronger than my other one, but this one couldn't take a single hit to save it's life. I think I'm gonna have to give it a Focus Sash.

And yeah, I gave Wish/Protect to my other one. This one's gonna be more of an Attacker. So I'll go with, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Thunder wave, and Hidden power depending on what it is. If it's something crappy, then I'll probably go with Magnet rise or Charge Beam. Maybe even Substitute.

Also. What should I EV train Leafeon in? It's Jolly, so...Spd and Def? Or Spd and Atk?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:56 pm

For your Jolt I wouldn't reccomend T.Wave. It's much better off attacking, and it's not going to need to slow something else down. Also, your Jolteon has AMAZING Speed. It's only 3 points from max! Not sure if it's Fully EV trained though, with that SpAtk, but it could just be Bad IVs. Anyways, I suggest it should run.

T.Bolt
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
HP

Instead of a Focus Sash, I would suggest you have it run a Choice Specs set. It's SpAtk is on the low side, but with Choice Specs It'll be straight killin'. If you can't deal with being locked into one move, then Life Orb is a decent alternative. NOTHING will outrun your Jolteon without speed boosts. I think it still outruns a Gyarados after a Dragon Dance(so long as it isn't Jolly). This makes it a PERFECT Revenge Killer, and lets it finish off weakened opponents. The only problem with giving it a Focus Sash is that it loses power, and if the opponent has Spikes/Stealth Rock up or Hail/Sandstorm, the Sash is completely worthless, and you're left with, basically, and itemless Jolteon.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Wow, only 3 from max?? AWESOME. I wonder if I could EV it for one for level..just to see what happens.

K, so no Sash or T.Wave. I don't have a Life Orb actually...D:
So I'll probably go with C.Specs.
So...
T.Bolt
Hidden Powah maybe
Shadow ball
Signal beam (if I don't get fed up with shard hunting...)

But what about Leafeon?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:09 pm

oH RIGHT, Leafeon. I'd actually suggest this. 10 Def Steroids, then just stuff it with HP and Speed until it gets the Effort Ribbon(HP first).
Then I would suggest:

Leaf Blade
X Scissor
Return
Swords Dance

It'll take Physical hits like a Champ, and still be fast enough to sweep after a Swords Dance. You could probably swap X-Scissor for Baton Pass if you want to pass the boosts, but you'll lose the super effective on Psychics, Darks, and fellow Grass Pokymanz.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 pm

K, cool. But what about Dig instead of Return? For Fires?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Dig COULD work, but probably for doubles only... That'd be pretty cool.

Also, I would like to celebrate the first success of my new pokemon in a wifi battle! 3-0! Here's the team(it was mixed OU/UU).

Miltank:<3Tank - Max Hp/Def
@Leftovers
Milk Drink/Body Slam/Heal Bell/Stealth Rock

Donphan - Max Hp/Atk
@Expert Belt
Earthquake/Stone Edge/Ice Shard/Assurance

Manectric: Raibolt - Max SpAtk/Speed
@Wise Glasses
Discharge/HP Dragon/Flamethrower/Charge Beam

Togekiss: Tomodachi! - Max Hp/SpDef
@Light Clay
Wish/Air Slash/Light Screen/Reflect

Starmie: *mi - Max Speed/SpAtk
@Choice Specs
Surf/T.Bolt/Ice Beam/Psychic

Umbreon: Eevee22 - Max Hp/SpDef
@Leftovers
Toxic/Mean Look/Baton Pass/Moonlight

It was great. I saved a replay too Very Happy
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Lol, congrats.

Perhaps I should do battles on Wifi on the DS instead of BattleRev...Seems less frustrating. At least there are rules.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 am

Newest Project.

Gliscor
[spoiler]Type: Ground/Flying(lolwut?)
Moves:
Swords Dance
Roost
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Ability: Hyper Cutter(Attack stat can't be lowered)
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Adamant(+Atk/-SpAtk)
EVs: Max HP n Speed
Overview: Dancing Tank! Naturally bulky already, I make him even better with the HP EVs. Its about medium speed is also boosted, so he's sure to outspeed a good amount of other pokemon. AtK increasing nature is all the Atk I'll need, thanks to Swords Dance. After one, my attack will be about 400+, where I will then start eating faces with STAB Earthquakes, or hitting those that resist it with Rock Slide. Should I take too much damage, I'll roost, which also gets rid of my Rock weakness(and takes me x4 Ice weakness to x2 only). In addition, Gliscor has AMAZING synergy with Empoleon. They cover each others weaknesses perfectly(Empoleon has x4 Resist to Ice, x2 resist to Rock/Water. Gliscor is immune to Electric AND Ground, and x2 resist to Fighting).
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Guys... This just got real...
DAMAGE CALCULATORRRRRR

http://www.smogon.com/calc/

it has Sets for just about EVERY pokemon, the EVs they normally run, and EVERYTHING. it takes a bit to figure out, but it's REALLY cool.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Hmm, that tool's really nice n' all. But I don't think I'd bother getting THAT technical about Pokemon. I'll EV train, but I don't want to look that much farther into it.

It is really cool though.

Also, I decided to make my Charizard a DD Charizard. So how's this:

Item: Life Orb
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch/Fang
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Outrage (Since it already has Outrage.)
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm

PokeTrainer Kilvas wrote:Hmm, that tool's really nice n' all. But I don't think I'd bother getting THAT technical about Pokemon. I'll EV train, but I don't want to look that much farther into it.

It is really cool though.

Also, I decided to make my Charizard a DD Charizard. So how's this:

Item: Life Orb
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch/Fang
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Outrage (Since it already has Outrage.)

Oh, I'm not gonna be using it a lot myself, but I was interested in seeing how much damage I could do with different items(the difference between Life Orb/Choice/Expert Belt and what not).
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:40 pm

Newest Project, completely reworking my Shiny Crobat's EVs and Moveset.

Moveset:
Air Slash
Dark Pulse
Heat Wave
Sludge Bomb
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Bold (+Def/-Atk)
EVs: SpAtk and Speed Maxed
Overview: Terrible nature, but w/e. This is a revenge kill set, working solely for one purpose: Revenge. Crobat's high speed makes it sure to get that last hit in, and Choice Specs increases it's very lackluster SpAtk to acceptable levels. Air Slash's 30% flinch rate is very abuse-able with such high speed, and Is good STAB. Dark Pulse hits those Psychics that THINK they're gonna be ruining my day, and Ghosts as well. Flinches too. Heat Wave will EAT Steel types who think Crobat is a laughing matter(and those who expect a physical moveset won't be expecting anything like this). Sludge Bomb is a stronger STAB, and mostly there because there isn't much else to put besides Shadow Ball, which has the same coverage as Dark Pulse, but without Flinch.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:52 am

Here's take of me making a UU team and actually looking at my party member's strengths and weaknesses. The first spoiler shows how I created my team/why.

Spoiler:

Team details in spoiler.
Spoiler:

That's my UU team guys! Please note anything you have to say about it in here.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Wow, seems real nice. Although...what does UU mean? D:
And I can give you a Giga drain TM for Crobat if you want.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:22 pm

PokeTrainer Kilvas wrote:Wow, seems real nice. Although...what does UU mean? D:

UU is Under Used Pokemon. Mid Tier basically.

Also, That'd be grrrrreat!
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Real Megafuckingbuster wrote:
PokeTrainer Kilvas wrote:Wow, seems real nice. Although...what does UU mean? D:

UU is Under Used Pokemon. Mid Tier basically.

Also, That'd be grrrrreat!
Oooh, I see.
Lol, k. I'll trade it with the Bidoof tomorrow.
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Sweet. Anything you need in particular?
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Real Megafuckingbuster wrote:Sweet. Anything you need in particular?
Hmm...actually, I could use a Dragon Pulse for Luke (Charizard).
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next