Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a question for the computer literate.

2 posters

Go down

a question for the computer literate. Empty a question for the computer literate.

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:36 am

whats DHCP and how do i enable it? got the little error number on my ds and it says i need to do that before i can use wifi link. we switched from cox to verizon and now i no can pokemans online. i suppose im being pretty vague but if u have a clue but need more info please ask. ill also post the error message when i get home and find my manual. oh i suppose i should mention its a PC. ithink its on windows vista, but i really know nothing when it comes to computers.

thanks in advance.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10101
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

a question for the computer literate. Empty Re: a question for the computer literate.

Post by Arc Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:59 am

Perhaps you need to go to the DHCP (or whatever your router is) management tool on whatever computer its attached to and tell it to accept your DS. Try connecting to it with your DS and might say something on the tool or give you some kind of notification. If I'm right, that would enable it.

But uh... we don't have that so its only an educated guess.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8669
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

a question for the computer literate. Empty Re: a question for the computer literate.

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:15 pm

whatll that management tool lokk like when i find it?

Last edited by Ehno Formaggio on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:18 pm

It's hard to say : /

All I can offer is look for a program on the computer that matches the name of the router. Assuming the DHCP connection is related to it.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:22 pm

thnx
also i tried using google to find some answers and i ended up with that black box where u type in commands old school style, and one of them was a view only command that told me the DCHP thingy was set to off. if all else fails does anyone know enough about programing to use that black window thing to turn it on directly? i'd need specific instructions tho, so i dont f-up, so thats just as a last resort.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Hah... i dunno how to write on the command prompt yet. I know java, c++ and html. I would be cautious with asking and looking for code to copypasta into your computer. More computer literate people have been fooled and hacked or attacked.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:13 am

k thanx for the warning Very Happy
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down