Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona 4 RP Topic

+13
Kilvas
Grunge Hamster
YuriLowelFan
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Kallen Kozuki
The Monkey King
Toriko
Turret Slayer!!!
Arc
The Universe
Rise: The Game
SHSL Gang Leader
Rozencrutz
17 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Persona 4 RP Topic - Page 11 Empty Re: Persona 4 RP Topic

Post by Kilvas Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:57 pm

That all makes sense, it just all happened way too quickly. D:
Kilvas
Kilvas

Favorite Tales Game : Vesperia
Grade : 17834
Charm : 629

http://princesskilvas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:59 pm

But thats not our fault D:

If he only had Toshiyuki target Maeko the day before the one we're on now, we wouldn't have a damn clue about him being around. Stefan wouldn't have spoken to nothing infront of Tsubasa, Kentaro wouldn't have even understood if he DID and she brought it up.

Then he could get Stefan durring the day when we piss him off for being ourselves and he stomps off. Again, nobody around, we dont know about him.

If he didn't jump the gun this could be going really fucking great and could've had crazy twists.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29932
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeah, I can salvage it. Lol. It's not like this ruined it. But it kinda forced a lot of what I had planned.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21669
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:02 pm

..well..it was a bit rushed on Toshiyuki's part.
Sorry, no offense lyle. D:

IT still has potential to be dragged on with twists though, right?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:04 pm

He can. I'm assuming he planted something in Kentaro A volt is a measurement and a negligible one at that so i assume you meant bolt or jolt

We may know he's coming but he's still coming.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10101
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Definetely. He's still got Maeko and Stefan, so it'lll still be jarring to see that they're with him, even if only because of so far as they see it, Toshiyuki is a moron. Dahni is still in the TV and they'll probably accuse Toshiyuki of doing that.

Im sure something can work
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah. I know. I got excited. Lol.

And you can chew me out too Kilvas, rather than the wishy washy stuff you gave me there. XD
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Im just stating the facts and giving criticisim lol.

You two of all people know I can be alot more vicious than that XD
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Lol.
Yeah. I got excited and he came a bit too early.

HIYO!
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:11 pm

Looooooool.

And now I shall TF2 to let ze RP cool down (and to give Stefan time to do shit lol)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 pm

...Toshiyuki never mentioned his name to anyone other than Stefan or Maeko...
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:05 am

Didn't call him by his name.

(Hint:The thing i called him is an insult from an anime im watching now. Convenient and not breaking continuity!!!)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Monkey King Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:16 am

Hey guys I was just wondering if i could return and see if I could give Kitao another shot in the RP. I know I disappeared yet again. But i didn't really know when to pop in since the Kyoto Trip. And just plum forgot cause of all the distracting interwebs and vidya gamz.
The Monkey King
The Monkey King
Hunting Blade
Hunting Blade

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 6970
Charm : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:24 am

You know what, why not since you already had a character introduced. Though you cant do anything of any importance now, theres too much happening.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 am

Hibiki Ganaha wrote:Didn't call him by his name.

(Hint:The thing i called him is an insult from an anime im watching now. Convenient and not breaking continuity!!!)

"Long story short theres some fucker named Toshiyuki trying to get people to join him and he's with the other people but he doesn't like them so he's trying to use us to beat them while he stands on the sidelines and watches so after we win he can appear and go "Congratulations for fulfilling my dreams now the real final dungeon begins!!!" while wearing a really fucking lame costume change as organ music plays in the background." Masuyo said tapping his foot.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:26 am

Oh.

Whatever.

Everyone pretend you never ehard his name. Not like it'll ruin anything that was already blown (like his entire point of existing Lol)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 am

Dude. Red. What the fuck is up with your character? He can teleport now?
Lets make a list:

-Multiple dimensions shit
-Some kind of super genius
-Teleportation
-Makes clones of himself
-Seems to know everything that's going to happen before it happens
-Has connections to literally EVERYTHING that becomes an obstacle in the rp.

How is this NOT Jesus rping?
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kilvas Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 am

I thought the teleport thing was just for the dungeon thing we're in ATM? Or has he teleported before and I missed it?
Kilvas
Kilvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:56 am

I can't speak too well about some of the other points but on your complaint about teleportation: That's just how fighting games work. When a support character is called he/she will appear on the screen, do an attack and then leave. It has nothing to do with Kentaro, just the fighting game motif.

Admittingly the dimension thing was kind of a bugbear of mine, but I let it slide due to necessary to keep the story's flow. I had hoped it'd only be for that moment and I could retcon a better method/pray everyone forgot about it, but...here we are. I haven't seen the clones bit or the connections thing, assuming you mean him looking into rumors on the TV Man that I'll have to go back to see but I'm pretty sure that's just "people have seen us jump into TVs," so I can't comment.

And to be fair while his prepared entry of Junes may have seemed all-knowing he's had several showings where he's been shown that even though he's a genius he can still be a whiny, petty, and insecure idiot (his friendship subplot and the whole deal with his persona turning him into...whatever the fuck that was).

Like any character in the RP (well except the new recruits but they haven't been on the team long so...yeah, insufficient data.) he has his high points and his low points.

Last edited by Makoto Kikuchi on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12669
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Still, doesn't the teleport thing have to be when someone asks for a switch out?

And I should have mentioned when he was first introduced, I had no problem with Kentaro, he was really balanced as far as personality and abilities go, but he's seems to have a lot more high points lately than low points.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Actually kentaro was absolute shit when he joined. He had no battle capacity whatsoever and was a terrible character.

Also the "Teleport" was him doing the support attack. Which is how it goes in fighting games. I see no problem here.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Turret Slayer!!! Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Mufasa wrote:Still, doesn't the teleport thing have to be when someone asks for a switch out?

It was.

Blackwing Kilvas wrote:"B-but..Kentaro...Don't hate me.." Maeko stood back up, she aimed her harpoon at the china dressed shadow and fired it. She closed her eyes and pointed at Kentaro. "K-Kentaro! ...I-is that how I use a..'support combo?" "I'm sorry Toshiyuki..."

Hibiki Ganaha wrote:
Mufasa wrote:And I should have mentioned when he was first introduced, I had no problem with Kentaro, he was really balanced as far as personality and abilities go, but he's seems to have a lot more high points lately than low points.

Actually kentaro was absolute shit when he joined. He had no battle capacity whatsoever and was a terrible character.

Agreed. To this day I still won't let him live down such gems as "Such bouncing tits!" The Pudding Song, and most recently his Masque de Panties cosplay.

True story, during the pool scene Eric and I were taliking about how we see the characters. When we got to Kentaro Eric said he sees Tomoki from Sora no Otoshimono since Kentaro was practically an Expy of him, without the whole being funny part, and all I said was "I see an idiot."

...Wait I'm confused. Was I supposed to defend Red or insult him? Ah screw it.
Turret Slayer!!!
Turret Slayer!!!
RP Mod
RP Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12669
Charm : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Alright. I take back the teleport thing then. Still though, I wanted to voice my concerns, and it still stands with the whole multiple dimension thing. The cloning thing is fine so long as that's what it is.

But I thought I saw something that he had mind-reading abilities too or something? Or maybe it just seemed that way cause he knew exactly how to fix every bad situation we were in.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 pm

We're defending him through insults like we usually do. Lol. Cause Lyle basically said "He was good when he was worthless shit" He probably didn't mean it but im just pointing out that he was just.......horrible when he first showed up. Also another point, why was he suddenly good when he first appeared now that hes doing stuff? Cause when he first appeared you actually PMed me complaining about his character saying hes "Nothing more than a cartoon character."

Also the pocket dimension isn't really bad seeing as hes only done it twice (and he himself said he really doesn't want to because he knows it would get complaints from a few people), when we have:

Toshiyuki who can mind read when its convenient, and SEE our souls? Lol. (Though I think we said that was just a goof up. I hope it was lol)
The Holy Strike which I have no problem with, but if we try doing a personal custom move and people have problems with it THEN I will (with that im assuming we can make our own personal moves and not get yelled at for it right?)
Having personas that have nothing to do with their actual roles
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grunge Hamster Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:23 pm

-Multiple dimensions shit
its hypnotism. first used by Masu when I wasnt around to post. Second time was used to cloak from toshi's mind reading. Not a literal pocket dimension just a cloak and I cant use my persona while its active. Probably only taken too far in the training fight against stefan, and i apologize for that but lets face it i lost that fight due to plot.

-Some kind of super genius
Its his shtick. only applies to science stuff, admittedly used gratuitously when im trying to tie up what i see as holes when it comes to keeping this persona thing a secret. lets face it, we're a loud bunch and you have to give the people around town some credit, otherwise i havent created anything that can't be considered plausible.

-Teleportation
Its a fighting game, it was a tag out, teleport was just the word i used to describe jumping on screen and jumping back out, play any game with tag matches and its the same thing.

-Makes clones of himself
when? no seriously point his out and ill be the first to admit my mistake. if youre talking about the fight with steve, i already admit i took the hypnotism thing too far in what is the first fight i personally used hypnotism in. i tried to define the limits of the ability and still keep myself useful amongst a group with many more persona powers than i have and as soon as it got out of hand i admitted my defeat to ur character. He pulls a lot of tricks but my guys weak and cant do any real damage, and ill be removing the illusion thing from him all together soon enough once i get my second persona.

-Seems to know everything that's going to happen before it happens
this has got to be the tropiest rp ever. a five year old can predict whats gonna happen next. outside of that just filling in holes so we can get on with the persona stuff and not deal with the finer details of an entire universe. again here ill be the first to admit personal control issues but im the kind of guy who thinks "hey all this magic and stuff is great, but don't you think things could get a little sidetracked otherwise?" there are specific instances where i take it over the top. I get it, its a bad habit, but so far I can't think of anything recently that actually detracts from the rp. i actually think ive become more reactionary than controlling in my posts as i learn to handle myself in what is probably my only long term rp experience. theres also been imo a better development in the separation of my joke moments from my serious moments. Apologies where due, but i like to think im getting pretty darn good at this.

-Has connections to literally EVERYTHING that becomes an obstacle in the rp.
Perhaps its a bandaid solution and it's the closest ill admit to "god rping" is when Kentaro throws money at problems. Again explained through backstory, and quite frankly keeps the rest of the fictional world off our backs. Allows us to ignore a bunch of superfluous details and really only keeps us out of trouble but only works during non-battle/non-serious plot situations. Its mainly used in downtime arcs anyway which are meant to be fun. other than that the one or two or times ive tried to use it for solving the mystery ive come up cold/ had the answer drop before i even needed to do anything.

conclusion: I feel I've established what I can and can't do and have already begun to filter out the elements that don't benefit the main story. My posts are loud and obnoxious sometimes but all believable and follow an established canon. Any plot holes i create mistakenly are either promptly ignored or rectified, usually within a few posts, and few if any have been created by my exaggerated antics and instead are simple memory lapses of what must be a hundred different and tiny details, i.e. none of them break the story. Continued development of my limits has already been long since acknowledged and is imminent. I may be somewhat of a "joke" of a character, but I am consistent and in my opinion, believable.
Grunge Hamster
Grunge Hamster
Exodus

Grade : 10101
Charm : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next