Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games of 2009

5 posters

Go down

Games of 2009 Empty Games of 2009

Post by RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Seeing as the year is coming to a close, post what games you've played here, and how you rate them. Use your own scales if you wish. Even if the game techincally didn't come out this past year. If it's your first time playing it, then you can post the game. You will also have to have beaten the game too. You can mention a little something about the game too.

Left 4 Dead 1: 9/10
-Pretty simplistic and repetitive, but totally a great game. Lots of memories and experiences from it.

Mass Effect: 8/10
Kinda like the Star Wars of video games. Looking forward to how they do the sequel and how it improves. Urdnot Wrex and Tali FTW.

Fallout 3 DLC: 8/10
It was still Fallout, which was a great game, but some of them came up short. The Pitt and Point Lookout rocked, Broken Steel was kinda a lame ending, but allowed for more expansion. Anchorage was bland, but functional, but Mothership Zeta while pretty looking, came up short. It was glitchy, it was grindy, it had no moral choices other than kill more things then you really have to and the AI will kill if you don't so it doesn't matter. If Mothership Zeta hadn't have been a letdown, the DLC would have scored a 10. IMO.

GTA 4 DLC: 8/10
TLAD was meh. Too short, too bland.
TBoGT was pretty colorful though. Had a lot of references to the original cast/plot. Luis was a much cooler main character too. I approved. If you had to pick one of the DLCs, TBoGT was the better choice. Much more memorable characters.

Persona 4: 10/10
I'm pretty sure I don't have to say much about this one. Solid gold. It will be replayed a few times.

Persona 3: 10/10
See Persona 4's entry. I only wish I could play the PSP version and play as a girl. So I can keep a certain someone alive.

Left 4 Dead 2: 9/10
Just like the first one, but I don't like the characters as much. At least as a whole. New infected are cool, new stuff is cool, but it kinda feels like it's trying to hard. Just as good as the first overall.

Prototype: 6/10
I actually forgot about this game as I was making this list. But I did play it, and it was relatively good fun. In a way. Nothing memorable as you can see form my first sentence. It did show me that I'm a closet fan of Ariel fights. Which makes me excited for Just Cause 2, which comes out soon.

Meanwhile, the Wii collects dust.
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
RESSURECTED LYLE DAYEK
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 21661
Charm : 493

Back to top Go down

Games of 2009 Empty Re: Games of 2009

Post by Kallen Kozuki Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Well lets see

Tales of Graces - Wii - 10/10 For me I loved this game, the characters were all great, with them all having a history with eachother it made the story more in depth and enjoyable because they weren't getting to know eachother.

Phantom Brave - Wii - 7/10 I liked this game, it was nice but sadly its a port of a game on the PS2 which ports usually have extra content, this one didn't aside from Another Morona which was kinda dull.

Dragon Age Origins - X360 - 9/10 This game has a lot of entertaining elements, it is up there with Mass Effect in my opinion, while it was a return to old school gaming they did it well, the story is very dark and grim which is a nice turn from most games constant wanting to stay with a happy story.

Bioshock - X360 - 8/10 I started this game out of curiosity and ended up liking it. Its a semi horror fps, while most parts of the horror are small towards the end it starts developing into more of a survival than horror.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8722
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:41 pm

god let me crack this vault open

Knights in the Nightmare: 20/10 (or just 10/10)
Great music, great design, inovative idea.

Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume: 8/10
A good strategy game but however is only good for like 2 runs just to get all of the endings and the special area. New game plus absoultely ruins the game.

Final Fantasy IV: 8/10
A great remake of the classic game. However the lack of any bonuses such as a bonus dungon much akin to the GBA remakes of the series keeps it from true greatness.

Pokemon Platinum: 9/10
Great remake, additional materials, change in gym order and the battle frontier really makes this great. However the lack of any motivation to remake the game after you beat it once keeps it from getting the 10

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time: 2/10
Lack of a good solo gameplay. Lag's when you do go online. Shitty AI, lack of depth solowise. Makes this just as bad as the reception to the new game for the Wii Crystal Bearers.

Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst: 8/10
Despite the fact that it was released in 04 I have to give opinion since it has dominated the last 6 months of my life. Not bad in terms of keeping itself good in terms of gameplay. Good community with a good amount of players. Good free MMO

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon: 6/10
The reason why I have a DS is a just banal at best. Even with 6 difficulties you won't be compelled to play it more than once.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7698
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald Jealousy Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:20 am

Platinum isn't a remake you goat.

Touhou: Undefined Fantastic Object: 10/10

It's awesome, Master Spark.

Pokemon Platinum: 10/10

Pokemon = Awesome

7th Dragon: 10/10

Even though I haven't beaten it, it's awesome. If you want to, import it. Which is something I want to do.. But emulator works fine too I guess. Blond mage is <3

Pokemon Rumble: 10/10

See Platinum.

A Witch's Tale: 9/10

Again, haven't beaten this. But I'm enjoying it. Main character is cute.
Emerald Jealousy
Emerald Jealousy
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5805
Charm : -163

Back to top Go down

Post by The Universe Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Persona 4: 10/10 Jesus

Persona 3: 10/10 Also Jesus

Tales of the Abyss: 9/10 it was good but when compared to Persona...while anything just doesn't seem as jesus.

Tales of Vesperia: 9.9/10 Except maybe this.

Left 4 Dead: 9/10 Multiplayer, Play as Zombies, Yahtzee doesn't hate it, that about says it all.

Left 4 Dead 2: 9/10 Same as above only add Cricket Bat.

Blazblue: 9/10 Storyline, Taokaka and the Game Play kicks ass.

Melty Blood Sextress Again: 9/10 Gameplay kicks ass, Aoko, no damn idea what the story line is.

Namco X Capcom: 9/10 Fire Emblem style gameplay, ton of characters (No Gene or Leon Sad), what I assume is an interesting story but can't confirm cause japanese.

The Orange Box: 9/10 Awesome Shooters...are awesome.

Madworld: 8/10 Fun Game, Awesome Soundtrack, but a bit short and repetitive.

Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd: 8/10 Plays like Custom Robo...but with Bleach.

Sonic Unleashed: 6/10 HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESO- Werewolf FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sonic and the Black Knight: 5/10 Fun, way to short.
The Universe
The Universe
Exodus

Grade : 8316
Charm : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum