Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

+8
Arc
Rozencrutz
Fondos Aquila
レイ
Emerald Jealousy
danger
Rise: The Game
SHSL Gang Leader
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! Empty General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:53 am

I figured, because it's the theme now apparently. Post general Final Fantasy related thoughts here if you want okay

So I got Final Fantasy VII on the PSN a few hours ago, because 5am is the best time to play Final Fantasy.
I considered holding out for IX but I didn't feel like waiting. Besides I'd probably end up getting this one eventually
I was laughing pretty much the entire time I was playing it, which was of course the point of me buying it in the first place. The graphics, especially the character models, along with the music and the game's reputation, combine to become hysterical.

Bonus points because I was playing it on a PS3 hooked up to an HDTV, with no graphical improvement from the original at all. Just imagine how much processing power I was wasting
Also because of the "switch discs" option in the PS3's menu. lol

But a little while into it, in between exclaiming that the Midgar scenery looks pretty cool and noticing that all the NPCs have unique, entertaining dialogue, right down to random guards and shopkeepers, I remembered that the game was actually good. That's a nice bonus if you ask me

Also, unsurprisingly, I was going "LOL METAL PLATE COVERING THE TOWN"
"CLOUD IS A VIGILANTE SO HE CAN RAISE MONEY TO GET IT REMOVED LOL"
And then I realized I was at the AVALANCHE HQ in Midgar's Sector Seven. Oh snap

Last edited by Catbread on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! Empty Re: General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 am

9 is the best. Rocking back and forth in my chair waiting for it to arrive on PSN. Then it will be ported onto my PSP, and will never leave it.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! Empty Re: General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:58 pm

We interrupt your adventure to bring you this important announcement:

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! 351vgbq
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Gotta love failtranslations.

Now, if they were to remake FFVII on the PS3 like they've been teasing us with (have a tech demo! nah, we're not making it. ...maybe. nah. maybe. AUGH) then I'd actually bite the bullet and get a PS3. (Come on Squeenix you'd make SO MUCH MONEY OH GOSH) Also I need to play 8 and 9. And, like, everything. Gah so many games so little money/time

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5866
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:24 am

[REDACTED] wrote:Also I need to play 8
No
Do not play 8. That'd be a serious mistake

If you really want to know why, a video explanation can be found here
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Emerald Jealousy Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:10 am

I hate it when people say, 'don't play a that game' or, 'don't use that character'. It's so retarded.

Anyway, Final Fantasy. Four and Five are amazing. Although I could go out and get 13, but Samurai Shodown Sen has more priority.
Emerald Jealousy
Emerald Jealousy
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5805
Charm : -163

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:04 am

Reeve Tuesti wrote:
[REDACTED] wrote:Also I need to play 8
No
Do not play 8. That'd be a serious mistake

If you really want to know why, a video explanation can be found here

You can pass up 8. Its truly not worth it. Unless you like pain, and having the only means of absorbing magic being sitting in battle for 20+ minutes going "DRAW FIRE FROM FLY ENEMY" with all your characters. THEN the only way to up your stats is by "functioning" the magic to the stat. Meaning if you use the magic, you deplete your own HP/Def/Mag/Atk etc etc in the middle of a battle! FUN!

Also:Story is utter garbage
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by レイ Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:53 am

Of the main games, I enjoyed 1-9. 10 was when it started going downhill for me.
レイ
レイ
Huma
Huma

Grade : 5258
Charm : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 am

So i finally stopped playing 8 for like, 2 hours. And started playing Persona Portable instead. Thank the lord. TWO DISCS IN ONE FUCKING DAY, THERE HAS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH ME
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:53 am

In my opinion, FF goes like this.

FF6 - Best. My first, my everythang. 12 frickin characters. All of them different. All of them awesome. A final boss battle where you use all twelve. Angelic killer babies that instantly take you to 1 HP. Great music. MOG. Overall fun.

FF7 - Runner up. Thoroughly enjoyed the characters(read Yuffie, RedXIII and Cloud). Fairly good storyline as well. GREAT gameplay, very challenging. Materia system rocked. Great game, and very close to 6, barely losing out. Why? I don't know. I just like 6 more.

FF13 - Music. Characters. Gameplay. Delicious. No existing storyline yet, which is saddening. Looks great too.

Crisis Core - Kingdom Hearts and FF had a baby, and kept the materia system from FF7(for the most part). Missions instead of worlds/world maps. GREAT Storyline. Good music. Kinda repetitive. Mako addiction Cloud. Cloud becomes more human. Sad ending.

FFTA2 - Fucking great. Just play it. Just fucking play it.
FFTA - See above.

Crystal Chronicles - Great, if you can get all of the necessary shit for it. Especially with a buddy. Fun, but it isn't always available at it's prime.

Crystal Chronicles DS - Fun. Not as much as the console one, but a solid game in it's own right. Easy for casuals. Also, Dancing.

I never got to play 9-12

FF8 - Ugh. I didn't even get past disc one on this one. I just couldn't enjoy it.

Last edited by Yuffie Lover Desu on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7386
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:16 am

Maka Lover Desu wrote:In my opinion, FF goes like this.
Hey where's nine at

But this is an interesting list and I will also make one. Also your avatar change is pretty hardcore

In my opinion, FF goes like this.

1: Oh my god this is so boring
So why can't I stop playing it
What I beat it
How did I do that

2: This is stupid I quit

6: Hey this is pretty cool. There are lots of people in it and you can use a chainsaw and also Kefka is in it.
I got bored 80% of the way through. That's not bad, really
It means the game must be pretty good

7: Similar to the original Star Trek, it's a near-perfect blend between outdated effects which are now hilariously stupid and actual quality. This one is my favorite
And all the non-homosexual villains in it are super awesome. The Turks, Scarlett, Heidegger, Palmer, Don Corneo (sometimes), Jenova, etc
And of course Hojo who is the best character in the game. See: the scene when he's on the beach surrounded by adoring women in bathing suits- and he's still wearing his lab coat
It's not hard to tell who my favorite characters are in most things. Find the evilest character
Boom done. Should I be worried about this

8: How do I get on the train??? This is stupid I quit

9: Ooh this is pretty cool. It's like 7, but with...
Uh
Okay so it's pretty much 7 with improved graphics and a different plot.
But I already beat 7 so I got bored of this 60% of the way through.
It's awfully good though and I intend to get it when it comes out on the PSN

10: OH GOD THE MUSIC
IT'S KILLING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thank God for that I disposed of the disc in the nick of time

12: zzzzzz

13: Hey, this is pretty good-BLAZBLUE PRACTICE TIME NOW
And so I ignored it. Oh well maybe later

Crystal Chronicles: QUIT WHINING MOG OR I'LL KNIT YOU INTO A SCARF OR SOMETHING
BUT I WILL KNIT USING A CHAINSAW OR SOMETHING SO THAT IT WON'T BE GAY
Ooh the house monster is cool. This music is depressing though
The Daemon's Court theme is stupid but I cannot stop listening to it halp

Awwright I made it to the last level.

THIS IS HARD I GIVE UP FOREVER

~fin

Last edited by Reeve Tuesti on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:29 am

@Katburd - Edited post.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:31 am

Yuffie Lover Desu wrote:@Katburd - Edited post.
THAT'S BETTER

Edit:
General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! S0yfb5
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:33 am

Yay Crisis Core, actually managed to play it through (thanks to my gracious and generous friend who lent me her PSP and copy of the game). Very sad though. I mean, we knew it was coming, but still. T_T

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5866
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 am

Alright so my breakdown of the series

FF1: Fun for the original, no real story other than go around kill this bring me that, also Garland.

FF2: The first FF with an actual story, while it is kinda boring and mehish its still pretty good, though I gotta admit the final boss is basically a crossdressing panzy.

FF3: OH GOD WHY, this game is so freaking hard, OH HEY NO SAVE POINTS EVER, get to final boss, final boss kills me, that 5 hours of wondering through the dungeon now I HAVE TO WALK THROUGH IT AGAIN, just to die.

FF4: Oh yeah IM A DARK KNIGHT, wait his name is Cecil, also why does he look like a bad guy. Anyways I thought it was a pretty awesome game one of my favorites though the story has spots of why are they doing this.

FF5: EXDEATH, also a guy name Butz, but hey it was kinda an interesting story, thought the job changing system was what made it great.

FF6: Alright by far the best 2-D FF I ever played, Kefka was the best villan ever he taunts you to no end and is a total freak but completely insane to the point that you almost don't take him seirously. Also all the character choices made the game awesome.

FF7: I am an Ex-Soldier ALRIGHT I GOT THIS, anyways my name is Cloud Strife, hmm maybe I should name him Rain instead of Cloud. Also the ONLY blackman in the FF seires until FFXIII. Really the story was interesting and was good for the first 3-D FF.

*To be continued*
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:26 am

Another reason I found for FF6 being t3h best. Dancing Mad parts 1 and 2.

Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:00 am

My turn:

1-Bored 2 hours into it.

2-Bored less than one hour into it

3-Played for about 2 weeks. Then replayed 9 cuz see below

4-Never played. Heard its just 3, but the heroes are retards, and genocide at some point

5-Wtf is 5 anyways? I've never seen it or heard anything about it. Whatever, I dont care anyways

6-It was cool, for the few hours I played it. But it just made me wanna play Dissidia, and got benched.

7-Pretty good. I dont remmeber much besides, Yuffie and Cait Sith were my favorites, wheelchair cloud was the best, and boss theme.

8-Its garbage. Utter trash. Yet, I have beaten it THREE times and im currently on disc 2 and playing it now. i've realized why I enjoy it though. Because it was the very first RPG i've ever played. So aparently the nostalgic value is so great, that it enables me to play it, and actually enjoy it (while insulting every bad thing in the game)

9-THE.FUCKING.BEST. The story was good, the characters were great (besides quina, who didnt seem like a main character anyways) EVERYTHING was great. I even like the main villain. A flamboyant faggy boy who was the definition of "fag", yet he wanted to bone the love interest sooooooooooooo badly. Also, Vivi. I've lost count how many times ive beaten this

10-Dont remember much besides titus was a bitch, jecht was hilarious, and wakka was racist. Beat it once though.

X-2:Hrrrggghhh what the fuck am I playiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggg. Beat it once. Never touched again. Also, press X to get the good ending. So stupid.

12-Sooooooooooooo bad. The characters were bland, the coloring of everything was dull and bland (which kills games for me) and the combat was just.......eh. Stopped like 5 hours into this one.

13-Great. My 2nd favorite. people are being reallllyyyyyy over critical of this one. I guess its cuz its new and the 1st one on PS3 or something.

Crystal Chronicles: Fuck off. Buy 4 GBAs and 4 links to play multiplayer? lol.

Tactics Advance:Played this for so many years. It was damn fun

Tactics Advance 2:It was fun, but having an R4 took my attention away from this towards other games.

Dissidia:Fun if you have other people to play with. Horray for Zidane and Kuja.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 am

But IF you had all the proper materials, Crystal Chronicles was fun as shit...
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Yuffie Lover Desu wrote:But IF you had all the proper materials, Crystal Chronicles was fun as shit...
and sadly, I did. I did.............(and still have the GBA-GC connectors)
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:10 pm

You do? THEN WHY THE FUCK AREN'T WE PLAYING THAT SHIT HOMIE?!?
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Yuffie Lover Desu wrote:You do? THEN WHY THE FUCK AREN'T WE PLAYING THAT SHIT HOMIE?!?

no gba. no crystal chronicles.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Fuck.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:06 am

I just escaped Shinra HQ.

Everyone but Cloud was on the first floor, surrounded by Shinra soldiers and unable to leave the building.
Aeris asked aloud how they were going to escape.

As the group ran up towards a truck on a raised podium which they were planning to escape in, I suddenly heard a voice.

"I got an idea. We can find Jimmy Gibbs' stock car..."

Also I still can't get over how awesome all the characters are:
Spoiler:
Okay, so I can't get over how awesome Barret and all the employees of Shinra are. Close enough
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:20 am

Wow, nice XD
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Those are pretty good segments of dialouge
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next