Tales Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

+8
Arc
Rozencrutz
Fondos Aquila
レイ
Emerald Jealousy
danger
Rise: The Game
SHSL Gang Leader
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! - Page 2 Empty Re: General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 pm

I checked to make sure, and yes, Aeris and Red XIII had gained a level even though they weren't in my party. Yaaay

I really hate it when people who aren't in your group don't gain XP.
This is because it bothers me a lot when anyone on my group is underleveled, so I'm forced to train a lot more to keep everyone on the same level. And I hate hate hate hate training

So I can use whatever party I want without caring about their level! Yes
And I can use Aeris without being concerned about wasting XP, too
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Graces
Grade : 12691
Charm : 566

Back to top Go down

General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft! - Page 2 Empty Re: General Final Fantasy Thread. Ooh, soft!

Post by Rise: The Game Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Reeve Tuesti wrote:I checked to make sure, and yes, Aeris and Red XIII had gained a level even though they weren't in my party. Yaaay

I really hate it when people who aren't in your group don't gain XP.
This is because it bothers me a lot when anyone on my group is underleveled, so I'm forced to train a lot more to keep everyone on the same level. And I hate hate hate hate training

So I can use whatever party I want without caring about their level! Yes
And I can use Aeris without being concerned about wasting XP, too

Then instead of playing an RPG, why dont you just watch a play through so you dont have to train? I LOVE training. Though I DO fucking hate when Inactive characters dont get exp. FF8 is a total nightmare with that, because its like "here's your three good characters and your worthless ones!" and obviously your party will have the 3 good ones. Then it just so happens that you have to have a 2nd party with your 3 shitty characters (or sometimes selphie will be forced into the non-squall party and she'll carry the whole team on her own.)

9 has enough switchage to where you can get ample training for each character, and the final dungeon you can even (finally) remove zidane from the party if you wish to train others.

13 completely fixes the whole xp issue, by having EVERYONE get CP, even if snow is somewhere humping a rock shouting "SERAH" out in the middle of nowhere, while Lightning and Hope courageously battle the military alone.
Admin
Admin

Favorite Tales Game : VS
Grade : 29924
Charm : 805

http://www.taleschronicles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Keep in mind that 8 punishes you for power leveling since enemies level with you. I actually prefer having lower leveld members for that reason.

Anyway, I've played every main FF game except 9. My friend has that and I'll borrow it over the summer if I can.

My favorite was the 6th because I liked alot of the characters/classes, the tragic feel to the plot and mother fuckin KEFKA. I love you you crazy bastard.
Arc
Arc
Art Mod
Art Mod

Favorite Tales Game : Symphonia
Grade : 8661
Charm : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:44 am

Oh man, I get to borrow my friend's copy of FFVII over the summer, and possibly another FF... Very Happy Also, when I get a job, I'll be able to get Advent Children Complete (which supposedly has more plot and is even moar Best Cutscene Ever. Also information that will prove useful because...)

SHAMELESS PLUG for Edge's Call (tentative title), which is a webcomic I'm going to do eventually(never) STARTING THIS SUMMER. It's set in Midgar and Edge starting a year after the end of FFVII, and is about a group of people just trying to survive after the sky fell on them all. I have some story down. Some of you have read it. If anyone wants to help critique it (I want opinions before I start drawing stuff) please PM me.

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5866
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:48 am

Rayel wrote:SHAMELESS PLUG for Edge's Call (tentative title), which is a webcomic I'm going to do eventually(never) STARTING THIS SUMMER. It's set in Midgar and Edge starting a year after the end of FFVII, and is about a group of people just trying to survive after the sky fell on them all. I have some story down. Some of you have read it. If anyone wants to help critique it (I want opinions before I start drawing stuff) please PM me.
Couldn't you put it in a thread or something?
Either way I might critique it
I'm good at criticizing things
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by danger Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 am

I might actually do that... lol.

BACK ON TOPIC has anyone actually seen Advent Children Complete (as opposed to the original)?

danger
Grand Cardinal
Grand Cardinal

Grade : 5866
Charm : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:45 am

Yeah I seen the complete awhile ago on a friends PS3.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Favorite Tales Game : Xillia
Grade : 12473
Charm : 214

https://www.youtube.com/Elrohir001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:41 am

WHY THE FUCK HAVE NONE OF YOU IDIOTS PLAYED 9!?

I'LL FRICKEN MURDER YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

/anger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 am

Murders wrote:WHY THE FUCK HAVE NONE OF YOU IDIOTS PLAYED 9!?
uh actually

Also, I finally got Yuffie.
I somehow managed to answer every question wrong
Except for the first one. But I made up for that by trying to use the save point

As a result I spent several excruciating hours running around in the bushes fighting Yuffie repeatedly
Me wrote:I shouldn't use my limits on her cause that'd be a waste. I can beat her with regular attacks just fine.
Me, several hours later wrote:GUESS WHAT BITCH
BLADE BEAM
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
And then, after failing to perform CPR on a half-drowned girl and being forced to listen to THE SCARIEST MUSIC EVER JESUS CHRIST I HATE THIS SONG, I got electrocuted and thrown around by a dolphin while being forced to listen to a marching band play the same couple of notes over and over and over again.
Then I failed at marching. This is the worst game ever

Also:
Priscilla wrote:I'll give you something SPECIAL!
Catbread wrote:She's just going to kiss Cloud and not give me anything that's actually good. That's how it goes in Paper Mario, and all games are based on Paper Mario
Priscilla wrote:It's an amulet. Take good care of it, okay?
Catbread wrote:Oh okay so it's just a stupid Key Item then. w/e
Cloud received Shiva Materia
Catbread wrote:!!!!!!!!!!
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 am

Also Masu, I have been playing 9 but haven't beat it yet. So I don't have an opinion on it.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:17 am

you can have an opinion on a game you havent beaten.

at least you've played it. This makes you a not "LIJ@R#WQO)R(F_()UDIOJ KILL YOU"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Nah its just I prefer to offer my opinion of something after I beat it.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Rozencrutz wrote:Nah its just I prefer to offer my opinion of something after I beat it.

but you gave us your opinion of 13 when you were on chapter 9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 am

Im sad. To defeat sad here is another bucket of quotes

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Wed May 05, 2010 1:56 am

As long as I'm looking at it...

This website contains very detailed...reviews of basically all the Final Fantasy games. They are often pretty funny, which is why I'm reading them.
The author describes how Final Fantasy VIII's plot was conceived of.
Eventually, Sakaguchi was fed up. He had Kitase, Nojima, Hiroyuki, Nomura, and Uematsu all dragged into a conference room, supplied them with a week's worth of bottled oolong tea, Oronamin C, shrink-wrapped convenience mart sandwiches, and cigarettes, then locked them in, telling them they had three days to either come up with a plan for Final Fantasy VIII or tender their letters of resignation.

What nobody knew at the time, however, was that there was a gas leak in this particular conference room.
And then he goes into detail.

Also I found a picture or two worth saving in my image folder of the damned. Like this one
Spoiler:
But most importantly, the following quote:
Best Dressed Job: SHAMAN
Light Warriors don't come much cuter. If I had kids, I would dress them like this.
yes
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tatsuya Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Well here's my opinion on the games that I have played for this series

1. Well it was what got the franchise started, but personally it just doesn't really click with me

2. Sucked

3. Liked the job system but personally it was a middle tier game in the series

4. Too many characters getting shuffled around for my liking

5. My personal favorite, the story maybe a bit generic but the Job system and the combat system make it one of the best games

6. Ugh.... as much as people find this to be the best game for the series before the move to Sony, I can't say that it was my favorite, it was a good game, but the World of Ruin segment made me feel like I was playing Phantasy Star II again (which isn't a good thing).

7. I understand why it was such a successful game, personally it was a great game that did enough experimenting on the combat system but kept itself from being too different.

8. Now unlike 7, 8 was too different, but personally what made the game for me was Squall and the storyline overall, it was gripping enough for me to stay around for a while.

9. (MaSu is going to kill me) I hated it, the game felt too story heavy and just didn't really give me a lot of time to fight, also the presentation didn't really agree with me either.
Tatsuya
Tatsuya
Exodus

Grade : 7698
Charm : 141

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:20 am

Joker wrote:(MaSu is going to kill me)
Naw, there's no danger of that happening because you can't kill someone who's already dead. Now hold still for a second.

I'm playing through this and it's great. I might actually finish it (!!!).

But right now I'm up against giant superpowerful ladybugs that cast fire on me, so I'm taking a break...
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozencrutz Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 am

Sounds like your making some real progress there Cat.
Rozencrutz
Rozencrutz
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSL Gang Leader Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:27 am

Richter Albend wrote:Sounds like your making some real progress there Cat.
lolno

I'm still at level 7
SHSL Gang Leader
SHSL Gang Leader
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 am

Catbread wrote:
Richter Albend wrote:Sounds like your making some real progress there Cat.
lolno

I'm still at level 7

I get the feeling you are having some issues with enemies?
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Grade : 8722
Charm : 292

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Joker wrote:

, but personally what made the game for me was Squall and the storyline overall, it was gripping enough for me to stay around for a while.

Bwahahahhahahah.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Hey some people are entitled to like 8
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rise: The Game Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Rita wrote:Hey some people are entitled to like 8
and others are entitled to laugh at 8.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fondos Aquila Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm

@ Joker

What made 6 such a good game was the variety of characters to use, as well as the 4 person party. With 12 characters, you HAVE to be able to find a party you like. Also, I feel it had one of the best final dungeons in an RPG. Ever. Seriously, it was amazing. And the final battle too. I HATE that most games have more characters then can fit in your party, but somehow during the boss battle where the ENTIRE PARTY IS PRESENT, only the three people on screen do anything.

And what made 7 good were interesting characters, an unpredictable storyline(at least compared to others), and a great system. The Materia system was most definitely the best FF system. Also, Mako Addiction Cloud is the best.
Fondos Aquila
Fondos Aquila
Exodus

Grade : 7386
Charm : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Kallen Kozuki Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 pm

6 was nice, would be nice if they had more games like that in the final battle.
Kallen Kozuki
Kallen Kozuki
Exodus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next